3945 N. Sheridan
Come and work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you! Lakeview Pantry is looking for a Part-Time Outreach Driver/Assistant.
The Outreach Driver/Assistant is responsible for facilitating and picking up donations from various organizations across the city while operating a cargo van. This person may be the first or only point of contact donors have with Lakeview Pantry, therefore, all interactions must be friendly, respectful, and gracious.
1. Operate a commercial van to pick up and deliver goods donated to Lakeview Pantry in an efficient, timely, and safe manner.
2. Manually load and unload in-kind donations in cargo van, up to 50lbs regularly, using manual carts and dollies.
3. Maintain accurate records of all donated items for record-keeping and documentation.
4. Provide the highest level of customer service to donors and partner organizations within the community.
5. Evaluate the suitability of donated goods in consultation with Manager of Community Engagement. Communicate with staff and volunteers at Lakeview Pantry locations regarding volume and quality of incoming donations.
6. Assist Manager of Community Engagement in carrying out donation scheduling, data entry, and various administrative tasks.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
TOP CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
1. Valid state driver’s license, two years of driving experience, and a clean driving record.
2. High school degree required.
3. Be at least 25 years of age.
4. Ability to lift and move (push/pull) heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) on a regular basis.
5. Excellent customer service and verbal skills, and friendly professional demeanor.
6. Cargo van driving experience preferred but not required, training will be provided.
7. Familiarization with Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word and Excel, Google applications required. Familiarization with databases preferred but not required.
8. Basic math skills and proven verbal communication skills.
9. Proven ability to work independently with direction and as a member of a team.
10. An understanding of, and belief in, the importance of food security for everyone.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: HR@lakeviewpantry.org. NO CALLS PLEASE.