1230 York Avenue
Working with the four attorneys in the Office of the General Counsel, the Legal Assistant will be responsible for administratively supporting the Office as well as maintaining the database for the University’s Financial Conflict of Interest in Research program that covers approximately 1,000 scientists and clinical personnel.
- Maintaining and checking the accuracy of the University’s conflict of interest database; preparing, tracking, and updating the calendar for review of potential conflicts; preparing draft templates for the attorney who staffs the Conflict of Interest program; and interacting with scientists, clinicians, and other administrators as needed
- Managing the Office, including handling the finances by preparing the annual budget, tracking expenditures and purchasing equipment and supplies
- Providing administrative support by maintaining the Office’s electronic and hard copy files, conducting web searches, following-up on contracts, managing litigation documents, scheduling meetings, coordinating outside services, and answering phones and general information requests
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal, computer, organizational and writing skills
- Able to work independently and cooperatively with others
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail, an ability to keep confidences, and a high professional standard
- Knowledge of Huron/Click or comparable database software is desirable, but not required
Who we are
The Office of the General Counsel is staffed by four in-house lawyers, provides legal advice to the Board of Trustees, faculty, postdocs and students, administration and staff, and represents the University in a broad and ever-changing range of legal matters including policy development, litigation, corporate and contract work, not-for-profit governance, intellectual property, compliance and more.
Rockefeller University provides a robust, comprehensive benefits plan for all of our full-time and part-time employees. We strive to support our employees in their work and their life, offering great benefits, perks, and valuable resources for each employee and their family.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume and reference position IRC20699.
The Rockefeller University is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans