950 Longfellow Ave
- Maintain a safe and secure environment conducive to learning.
- Counsel students with counter productive attitudes.
- Address complaints and resolve behavioral problems.
- Assist teachers with classroom management and modification vis-à-vis discipline
- Train teachers on how to deal with “difficult or defiant” students.
- Liaison between school and home re student discipline problems, conducting meetings as necessary.
- Analyze reports of repeat offenders and create/administer disciplinary actions.
- Monitor behavior of students consistently in detention and prepare evaluation reports re same.
- Determine/issue suspensions.
- Make recommendations regarding expulsions to the Director and Head of School.
- Conduct busts and school-wide cleanups.
- Mediate sessions between parents and teachers, as necessary.
- Issue and manage afternoon detention.
- Issue and manage Saturday detention and twilight school.
- Prepare monthly reports regarding Dean’s area activity and submit to school Director.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Character curriculum.
- Manage Failure Intervention academic program.
Student Support/RTI Coordination
- Maintain and update databases
- Create, monitor, and document behavior interventions, behavior contracts, instructional plans and clinical interventions
- Links 504 goals and modifications to curriculum standards
- Create a draft 504 prior to 504 meetings that will be finalized at the meeting
- Schedule and facilitate 504 meetings
- Develop and implement 504 plans
- Prepare packets for 504 meetings including observations, grades, attendance, and incident reports as well as teacher referrals and work samples
- Hold annual 504 meetings where parents, teachers and other stakeholders play an active role
- Monitor student progress towards meeting 504 goals
- Submit weekly contact logs
- Review and document student goals, modifications and services with general education teachers quarterly
- Collaborate with general education teachers to provide student access to the general education curriculum
- Communicate and consult with teachers to implement instruction in a non-threatening manner
- Monitors and supports implementation of goals and objectives
- Hold weekly meetings in order consult with school leaders, deans, grade level chairs, and teachers about students of concern
- Prepare instructional/behavioral strategies
- Prepare cognitive and social development phases of students from early childhood through adolescents
- Understanding clinical service delivery and appropriate use of clinical technical assistance with support from school psychologist
- Collaborate with various teachers, administrators, and parents
- Assess student’s current level of performance
- Develop instructional interventions for multi-grade levels of divers learners based on actual classroom experience and knowledge of best practices
- Maintain organized and thorough meeting notes and records
- Communicate effectively with parent and outside community providers
- Encourage students to participate in interventions and monitor their progress
- Is knowledgeable of, and adheres to, Hyde Policies and Procedures.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Educational Administration or related field
- Minimum three years’ experience as a teacher
- Experience in an urban school setting preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Tyrell Roddey, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, "Dean of Student Support".