The New Jersey Health Care Quality Institute is a 501c (3) membership organization focused on improving the quality of health care, while reducing costs and increasing transparency. We work on initiatives with our multi-stakeholder members to further these goals. The Quality Institute engages a diverse array of partners, including employers, union funds, consumer groups, hospital systems, health care professionals, pharmaceutical companies, business groups, insurers, technology companies, academic institutions, government, and foundations, to further our initiatives. More information can be found at www.njhcqi.org.
We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Program & Communications Coordinator with a background in membership or nonprofit organizations. Background or familiarity in the health care industry a plus. The role requires a polished individual with strong organizational, communication, and technology skills. This individual will work closely with our Chief Transformation Officer and Medicaid Program Officer on supporting our Medicaid programming administrative needs. In addition, this individual will support the production of our biweekly e-newsletter, and will be responsible for drafting and posting content to our social media channels and website. The ideal candidate will possess highly proficient technology skills, the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and strong attention to detail.
The Program & Communications Coordinator will be exposed to dynamic health policy making and will assist in some policy research, multi-stakeholder work group convening, and the development of actionable policy recommendations.
- Provide administrative support to program leads, including planning and attending meetings, taking meeting minutes, planning travel, and scheduling;
- Provide program support for in person meetings and webinar preparation;
- Draft and post content on the Quality Institute’s social media channels and website;
- Support the production of biweekly e-newsletter;
- Conduct some research related to the Medicaid programming and policy development
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files to ensure that all project and office information is appropriately documented and secured;
- Provide high quality, general administrative support functions to prepare external work product;
- Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proficient experience with the Microsoft Operating System.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as Office 365 and Internet Search Tools.
- Proficient experience with WordPress websites, MailChimp, and Webex.
- Strong professional familiarity with Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree.
- Experience with member or nonprofit organizations.
- Familiarity and experience working in the health care industry a plus.
- At least 1-2 years of project or program assistant experience, preferably in membership or nonprofit organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Outstanding verbal and formal written communication skills for professional settings.
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information.
- The ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, engaging environment.
- Must have driver’s license in good standing and daily access to a vehicle, as some travel is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Available immediately. Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter (as PDF attachments) to Amanda Melillo