3506 Gwynnbrook Avenue
SUMMARY: The person in this position works under the direct supervision of the Director of Inclusion and Ability. The Coordinator will work with the Director of Inclusion and Ability in planning, implementing, and supporting department programs, services, events, and initiatives at the JCC. The Inclusion and Ability Program Coordinator is expected to be able to work directly with people with a range of physical, emotional, intellectual, developmental, or communicative disabilities, from mild to profound. The Inclusion and Ability Program Coordinator will need to maintain a positive outlook, be flexible, dependable, energetic, organized, creative, and possess strong interpersonal skills. The Inclusion and Ability Program Coordinator will also assist the Director of Inclusion and Ability in administrative duties as necessary.
The Inclusion and Ability Program Coordinator will work part-time up to 19 hours per week during the school year and full-time as KLAL Co-Director from June 17, 2019-August 16, 2019.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, special education, or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience working with children and adults with special needs, experience working with people on the Autism spectrum preferred
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience supervising staff and care providers of individuals with disabilities
- Experience in program and lesson planning and implementation
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
- Knowledge of and familiarity with various disabilities, i.e. Autism, developmental delay, Down syndrome, cerebral palsy etc
- Dedication and commitment to the belief that everyone, regardless of ability, has the right to be included in everything that the JCC and Baltimore Jewish Community has to offer
- Possess initiative, patience, and a calm demeanor
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work select evenings and Sundays required
- Must be flexible to travel between Park Heights and Owings Mills JCCs
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage daily operations of and provide staff support for Inclusion and Ability Department programs, including after-school and vacation day programs
- Plan, implement, and manage Sunday KLAL program for teens and young adults with diverse disabilities
• Plan and coordinate KLAL summer program, including managing programming and enrollment, and serve as KLAL program co-director from June-August (see separate description)
• Work with other agencies, organizations, and non-profits to create collaborative programming
• Facilitate inclusive recreational opportunities for JCC events
• Promote JCC programs and events
• Research upcoming community events, input, and monitor content for BJAA website and assist in coordinating occasional educational workshops and information sessions.
• Respond in an appropriate manner to potential behavioral situations
• Maintain and enforce agency policies and procedures
• Administrative tasks including but not limited to responding to department inquiries via email and phone, shopping, room reservations, and handling program registrations.
• Other duties as assigned
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, vendors, others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, run, and swim. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and reach. In some instances, the employee is required to assist in crisis management techniques which may require the use of the employee’s body in physical prevention positions. Additionally, the employee may have to assist with the transport of participants weighing over 50lbs and assist with activities of daily living.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the needs arise. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Minimum Education Required