The Executive Director is the key management leader of the QLaw Foundation of Washington. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the Foundation. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community engagement. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The QLaw Foundation bridges the divide between the LGBTQ community and legal professionals. The QLaw Foundation and its volunteers seek to educate the public and the courts about LGBTQ legal issues and empower community members through informed access to the legal and judicial systems.
- Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the Foundation’s mission.
- Responsible for leading the Foundation in a manner that supports and guides the organizations’ mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the Foundation, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the Foundation’s mission.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Board and staff to ensure that mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of Foundation’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the Foundation can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Foundation’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible of effective administration of Foundation operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff, as needed.
- Knowledge regarding and experience serving the LGBTQ community or other disadvantaged communities
- A bachelor’s degree or juris doctor
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Nonprofit management experience
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of the Foundation’s strategic future to Board, volunteers, donors and the community
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate Board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Public speaking experience
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget
- Establishing policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the Foundation
- Serving as the Foundations’ primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to enhance the Foundation’s service to the LGBTQ community
- Report to and work closely with the Board to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising, and to increase the overall visibility of the QLaw Foundation throughout the State
- Supervise and collaborate with any organization staff
- Assist the Board with identification of community needs and strategic planning
- Implementation of strategic plan
- Oversee organizing Board and committee meetings
- Oversee marketing and other communication efforts
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Minimum Education Required