174 Prospect Place
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) seeks a bilingual Per Diem Case Manager for its Prospect Place shelter for homeless, mentally ill women. Prospect Place is a 90 bed recovery oriented housing placement program located at 174 Prospect Place in Brooklyn, NY. Program services include: housing placement, comprehensive health, mental health, and case management services. Prospect Place operates 7 days per week with 24 hour clinical and security staff. The program is readily accessible by public transportation.
Overnight shifts required; 12am-8am weekdays; specifically 12am Monday to 8am Monday.
Some of the responsibilities of the Per Diem Case Manager shift:
Fostering seamless service provision across shifts.
1. Knowing and being able to communicate with clients about the program's mission, structure, and approach to treatment.
2. Providing and documenting relevant information about a client to their workers and other program staff.
3. Knowing program rules and reporting on rule violations.
4. Providing medication monitoring during assigned shifts.
Ensuring that clients are safe and comfortable.
1. Responding to crises.
2. Proactively working to create and/or maintain an environment which is safe and comfortable.
. Providing and supporting opportunities for therapeutic recreation and socialization.
1. Proactively working to engage clients in the program.
2. Facilitating positive group activities.
Experience and Education Required:
• High School diploma
• 1 year related experience
• Appropriate verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literacy
• Some college preferred; B.A. may substitute for experience
Level of Language Proficiency
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: Jessica.Papitto@cucs.org
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
- CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind