42 West 44th Street
The New York City Bar Association (City Bar), founded in 1870, is a voluntary association of lawyers and law students. The City Bar’s mission is to equip and mobilize the legal profession to practice with excellence, promote reform of the law, and uphold the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest in our community, our nation, and throughout the world.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to high volume of calls and emails from the general public.
- Triage legal issues and direct clients to participating lawyers and other legal resources.
- Provide basic legal information to the public.
- Other duties, including legal research, public relations, marketing and public outreach, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
- J.D. from an accredited law school.
- Admitted to practice law in New York State.
- Working knowledge of general legal procedures.
- At least one year of experience in civil law -- such as landlord/tenant law, labor/employment, family law, tort/negligence, workers comp, wills/trusts/estates, immigration, etc. – in a clinical, legal services, government or private law office environment preferred.
- Excellent phone manner, customer service and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing challenging people in person or on the phone preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is essential!
- Intermediate PC skills, including Microsoft Office.
The New York City Bar Association is a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the NYC Bar to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Full benefits package offered including medical, dental, vision, 401K plus more.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in Spanish.
Minimum Education Required