Bay Cove Human Services, Inc.,a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks a CSS Recovery Specialist to join us in our mission to provide high-quality services to adults who face the life-long challenges of mental illness, aging and drug and alcohol dependency.
As a front line support for our patients, the Recovery Specialist provides direct care services and support to patients transitioning from a Detox environment to the next level of care on their path to recovery.
The Recovery Specialist works with the multidisciplinary team to support the processes for patients' admission, transfer, discharge, ongoing observation and care, while ensuring respect and dignity.
We are looking for someone who strives to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- Assist in providing non-professional nursing or other supportive care under the direction and supervision of professional nurses/counselors.
- Ensure ongoing observation of patients and related reporting of their physical condition, attitude, reactions, and behaviors.
- Responsible for the movement of patients to/from daily scheduled activities.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the unit and participates in ongoing general unit cleaning duties.
- Facilitate and promote patient's participation in wellness and recreational activities.
- Maintain orderly log entries as assigned relative to room checks, patient belongings, supplies etc.
- Drive patients to appointments or discharge destination in the absence of the driver.
- Adhere to federal and state policies and ensures appropriate releases are obtained to exchange and disclosure necessary client information.
- Maintain proper care and use of program supplies and equipment.
- Education - High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience - Knowledge of the substance use treatment continuum and services and related community resources preferred.
- Experience in substance use disorder and/or mental health settings.
- Skills - Ability to work with individuals with substance use disorders.
- Driving License Required? Yes
Keywords: Substance Abuse, Group, Addictions, Recovery, Mental Health, Direct Care, Case Management, Therapy, Care Coordination
Part time and Full time schedules available.
Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Minimum Education Required