Mission Statement: Growing Up Green Charter School empowers children to be conscious, contributing members of their community through a rigorous curriculum and an engaging green culture. Graduates of GUGCS will be prepared to attend high-performing schools where their interdisciplinary academic foundation, knowledge of sustainability, and strong sense of self sets them apart as leaders of the future.
Ideal Applicants Demonstrate:
- A personal alignment to GUGCS’ mission and vision
- Dedication to a strong learning community based on the Responsive Classroom approach and a growth mindset, as well as a commitment to positive social-emotional supports and curriculum
- Understanding of content, pedagogy, and students’ needs and interests to support a "working with" rather than a "doing to" approach.
- Flexibility when approaching individual and collaborative learning by questioning, challenging, and embracing alternate perspectives and possibilities.
- Ability to differentiate within small group instruction, rich investigations of essential questions, and interdisciplinary connections into curriculum planning for heterogeneous classrooms.
- Comfort with uncertainty and self-reflection in the service of actively constructing ideas.
- A problem-solving stance
- Commitment to collaboration with all teachers, departments and administration to strengthen instruction
- Use standards-aligned assessments to measure student academic growth.
- Have a deep understanding of content, pedagogy, and students’ needs and interests to support a "working with" rather than a "doing to" approach.
- Strong classroom management skills needed to navigate the diverse behavioral needs of a classroom and a willingness to implement behavior intervention supports for individualized students when needed.
- Value integration as a best practice in inspiring interest and future learning for students.
- Experience with developing inquiry-based curriculum grounded in purposeful critical thinking, experiential learning and active discovery with a mindful balance of teaching approaches.
- A passion for teaching as an act of social justice.
- Excitement for ongoing professional development
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- At least two years classroom teaching experience in the elementary grades
Required Certificates & Licenses:
- Teaching Certification
- NYC DOE/Fingerprinting & Background Clearance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Growing Up Green is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and value a diverse workforce, and we seek diversity among applicants for this position.
Please send your resume and cover letter directly to the Director of Recruitment, Aramis Grant, at email@example.com.