Details: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
District of Columbia
The Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD) is one of the world’s leading authorities in the field of child development. Our mission is to advance developmental science and promote its use to improve human lives. We are seeking a technology-savvy, detail-oriented, energetic individual to serve as its Digital Content and Social Media Specialist.
Responsibilities: The Digital Content and Social Media Specialist will be part of a small communications team dedicated to increasing the visibility and impact of SRCD. He/she will work closely with the Director of Communications to support integrated digital communications built around SRCD’s website, social media strategies, digital campaigns, and other components of our outreach programs. The ideal candidate is a self-starter possessing strong digital communications and organizational skills, creativity, and an attention to detail. Specific responsibilities are listed below.
Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
· Develop high-level, relevant content to reach SRCD’s target audience(s).
· Create, curate, and manage all published content.
· Monitor, listen and respond to users in way that maintains SRCD’s ‘voice.’
· Develop and expand the SRCD online community and influencer-outreach efforts.
· Coordinate design of social channels (i.e.: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, etc.).
· Design, create and manage relevant promotions and campaigns.
· Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review in a timely fashion.
· Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Monitor general trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and appropriate SRCD strategy.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of SRCD social media campaigns.
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Web and E-mail Related:
· Compile, format, post, and analyze delivery and open rates of e-mail messages;
· Assist in the development, writing, and production of an e-mail-based newsletter;
· Assist in maintenance of the SRCD’s website; and
· Maintain Google Adwords campaign.
· Assist in communications efforts related to the marketing and staffing of events;
· Assist in the layout, design, and production of materials;
· Support the Director of Communications in implementing a variety of communications activities; and
· 2+ years of relevant work experience in communications and digital environments or equivalent experience in volunteer environments;
- Displays an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and how each platform might be deployed in different scenarios;
- Demonstrates documented immersion in social media. (Please give links to profiles as examples);
- Familiarity with search engine optimization strategy a plus;
- Knowledge of Drupal a plus;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus;
- Excellent writing and language skills;
- Superior time management;
- Attention to detail;
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Interest in / or knowledge of research and child development a plus.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. SRCD offers an attractive benefits package which includes: health, dental, retirement, paid time off, and a transportation subsidy.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
ATTN: Digital Content and Social Media Specialist
· No phone calls please.
The Society for Research in Child Development is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
SRCD offers an attractive benefits package which includes: health, dental, retirement, paid time off, and a transportation subsidy. Come join us!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com
ATTN: Digital Content and Social Media Specialist. No phone calls please.