42-40 Bell Boulevard
Founded in 1972, The Tourette Association of America is the premier national non-profit organization working to
make life better for all people affected by Tourette and Tic Disorders. We do this by:
- Raising public awareness and fostering social acceptance.
- Working to advance scientific understanding, treatment options and care.
- Educating professionals to better serve the needs of children, adults and families challenged by Tourette and Tic Disorders.
- Advocating for public policies and services that promote positive school, work and social environments.
- Providing help, hope and a supportive community across the nation.
- Empowering our community to deal with the complexities of this spectrum of disorders.
The Tourette Association of America is seeing an entry level Communications Coordinator to serve as a member
of the Marketing & Communications team responsible for assisting with the implementation and development
of National marketing, advertising, social media communications, branding, website content, as well as internal
and external communications to advance the TAA's mission. The Communications Coordinator will offer a fresh
attitude toward direct mail campaigns, social media, flyers, email campaigns, website graphics, videos and other
visuals while maintaining the Tourette Association branding guidelines.
The Communications Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with senior
leadership team members.
- Assist in the development, coordination and dissemination of marketing support materials across various channels.
- Execute various direct mail and e-mail campaigns that support the Development department.
- Facilitate targeted marketing campaigns ensuring timely and quality implementation of all related tasks.
- Assist in the copywriting and editing of marketing materials.
- Update and maintain website content and the various TAA social media channels.
- Ensure all digital and social channels are synchronized in terms of content, messages and design.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Excellent organization, writing and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines
- Adept at using a wide range of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc.
- Proficiency in Adobe Design Suite, WordPress, HTML, and video editing programs
M-F 9a-5p, Nights and weekends may be required
The TAA offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and retirement savings (403b).
Minimum Education Required