The Individual and Planned Giving Coordinator is an integral part of the Individual Giving (IG) and Planned Giving (PG) Teams, and is responsible for supporting the cultivation, acquisition, and stewardship of individual and planned giving donors to the SPLC.
Primary Job Functions:
- Conducts accurate donor database record maintenance;
- Manages the year-round calendar of proposal and progress report deadlines;
- Compiles and organizes information from a variety of sources into proper formation such as revenue comparison reports, income and expense reports, and portfolio maintenance reports;
- Builds custom queries, manipulate existing queries, and analyzes data;
- Researches gifts;
- Completes Partner for the Future processes;
- Assists with all donor cultivation events;
- Assists with data entry data for Individual Giving and Planned Giving.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- College degree preferred;
- 2 years of administrative and project-based work experience, preferably in a non-profit institution;
- Excellent computer skills; must be highly proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs;
- Must be a team player.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Commitment to the SPLC’s mission to fight hate, seek justice, and teach tolerance;
- Must possess enthusiasm, a sense of humor, creativity, flexibility, and patience;
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills required;
- Must be able to coordinate projects and keep them on track;
- Must possess the aptitude for learning new database programs;
- Must possess the ability to research and analyze various types of data information;
- Must have flexibility to meet changing needs and priorities;
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of donor and Center information;
- Positive interpersonal skills required;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Detail and process oriented;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands and provide timely and concise information to supervisor and co-workers.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
Minimum Education Required