Who We Are:
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is a Charter Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon School.
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all times has high expectations of all students. We offer a differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need:
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and committed to student success and education reform. Qualified candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see collaboration as a key component of success. The successful candidate will be proactive, forward thinking and have the ability to turn data into information that can be used by network and school leaders to best serve our students.
- Collect, compile, analyze, and manage data from our Student Information System using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Support data compilation and analysis for building, school, network, state, and federal reporting.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Perform statistical analyses to inform and support leader decision-making.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Ensure data accuracy for audits and reporting.
- Create and maintain network records.
- Record electronic files for storage.
- Prepare customized reports for local school needs.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Develop and execute professional development to ensure teachers are able to utilize database and software applications.
- Maintain, generate, and distribute student demographic, scheduling, and grading information.
- Support and respond to general troubleshooting inquiries for hardware/software problems.
- Manage network IT solutions, establishing working relationship with vendors as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with concentration in IT, Information Management, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or other relevant field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, compile, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems, managing network IT solutions.
Note: This is a 12 month position.
Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vision, & 403b Retirement Plan available
- Performance-based compensation for staff
Minimum Education Required