The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading national research organization based in Washington, DC, seeks a qualified senior research analyst for its Transportation Program. ACEEE is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1980 that acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors.
ACEEE’s organizational culture is collaborative and team-oriented with a strong commitment to its mission. Staff work at an energetic pace within a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for professional growth and development. There is a high degree of workplace flexibility, with an emphasis on results, making ACEEE an enjoyable and fulfilling place to work.
ACEEE seeks a senior research analyst to support the research, analytical, and advocacy needs of the transportation team on efficient vehicles and technologies. This is an exciting position for someone looking to have real world impact on improving vehicle efficiency and advancing efficient vehicle technologies.
The senior research analyst will have a variety of research opportunities working with a well-respected and widely recognized team of transportation efficiency experts both within the organization and externally. The core responsibilities of the position include:
· Assist with technical analysis, advocacy, and program defense for light- and heavy-duty vehicle efficient standards
· Lead the production of ACEEE’s Greenercars.org vehicle rankings, an annual consumer publication that provides environmental lifecycle ratings of cars and trucks
· Collect, track, and analyze motor vehicle data, specifications, and related information from automakers, U.S. EPA, and other federal and state agencies; using specialized data analysis tools such as mobile source emissions models like EPA’s MOVES model
· Contribute to the transportation team’s research on electric vehicle (EV) deployment and the integration of EVs into the electrical grid
· Assist with research on automated and autonomous vehicle technologies and their emissions and fuel economy impacts
· Conduct analysis for other programs that support efficient vehicle and technology deployment such as incentive-based approaches and fleet procurement initiatives
The analyst will work on projects of high visibility in the energy efficiency, technology, and policy communities. The position offers unmatched access to national experts in energy efficiency, as well as an opportunity to develop expertise and leadership on transportation energy efficiency topics.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
· Master’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience; degree in engineering, mathematics, or physical sciences preferred
· Background or strong interest in vehicles and vehicle technologies, and energy and environmental issues
· Excellent quantitative analytical skills
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and programming languages. Familiarity with Python desirable
· Familiarity with vehicle emissions models (e.g. EPA’s MOVES) a plus
· Ability to juggle a broad range of responsibilities and fast-moving projects
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative
Preferred start date: on or about March 1, 2020, based in Washington, DC
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, and includes ACEEE’s generous benefits package which includes: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage; a 403(b) retirement plan; transportation and bike share benefits; and three weeks of vacation in the first year and four weeks thereafter.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and brief (1-2 pages) writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Transportation Senior Research Analyst” in the subject line. We do not accept phone calls.
Please let us know how you heard of this opening.
ACEEE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading national research organization based in Washington, DC, seeks a qualified senior research analyst for its Transportation Program. ACEEE is an independent, 501(c)(3…