1617 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Founded in 2003, the Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians seeks to open doors of economic opportunity for work authorized immigrants. By doing so, we enhance the economic development of the city and the state. Our organization believes that immigrants strengthen the productivity, profitability and stability of this region and contribute to Pennsylvania’s and the nation’s economic growth.
The Administrative Support Specialist represents the Welcoming Center as the first point person to introduce potential participants to the array of programs and opportunities available at the Welcoming Center. Able to discern visitor and caller needs and to provide accurate information or referral to internal staff or programs. Responsible for handling front-office reception and creating a welcoming environment for all participants and guests. Administrative duties include supporting operations, finance, and program delivery, including volunteers.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Greets visitors at reception and callers warmly and maintains familiarity with internal programs, staff, and schedules to direct accordingly.
- Able to answer general inquiries about the range of Welcoming Center services and is knowledgeable about the content of programs being offered; whenever possible, suggests other resources for participants seeking alternative services. Maintains referral resources and brochures.
- Oversees and maintains central phone system, voicemail, schedules for conference and meeting rooms; acts as source of information for external guests and staff.
- Collects and distributes parcels, mail, and supplies; assists in ordering and maintaining stock of office and kitchen supplies.
- Performs basic scanning, filing and supportive clerical duties, including scheduling meetings.
- Administers credit card tracking system for staff and helps maintain records for financial reporting.
- Assists program departments with volunteer intake and central coordination.
- Possesses strong helping skills, has good instincts about people, and presents both a professional and approachable demeanor.
- Excellent telephone, communications skills, outgoing and comfortable with a range of diverse participants.
- Technology skills essential and familiar with routine data management.
- Fluency in another language is highly preferred (priority given to Spanish, Arabic, French, and Mandarin).
This is a full-time position with benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in another language is highly preferred (priority given to Spanish, Arabic, French, and Mandarin).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Administrative Support Specialist.” We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and identities, including those of any age, race, religion, gender, ability, or sexual orientation.
No calls please. All applications should be directed to email@example.com.