Avenue Community Development Corporation seeks qualified candidates for the position of Grant Management Specialist. Avenue CDC is an award-winning non-profit organization dedicated to improving our Houston community by developing affordable housing and economic opportunities. Avenue CDC has been in existence for 20 years and offers competitive compensation plans and benefits programs.
The Grant Management Specialist contributes to smooth cross-departmental, functioning of the grant application, review, reporting and monitoring processes. Primary responsibilities include administrative support, information gathering (numerical and anecdotal), schedule management, data tracking and reporting and compliance.
The Grant Management Specialist will:
· Review grant application and agreements for compliance (budgets and programmatic workplans)
· Meet regularly with Finance Director and program directors/managers to monitor and report on grant expenditures, ensuring that funds are spent in accordance with the approved budget, in a timely manner, and in compliance with funder’s guidelines.
· Work with program staff to ensure timely and accurate responses for grant applications and reporting
· Foster organizational compliance with granting agency regulations and requirements.
· Execute quality information and data management for tracking and reporting.
· Provides reporting on progress as required as well as ad hoc reporting as requested.
· Maintain grants calendar for reporting due dates.
· Maintain clear, organized records on grants including master files and all associated paperwork
· Track, analyze and report on outputs and outcomes of grant-funded programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
· Willingness to learn, to be solution-oriented when faced with a problem and seek/provide feedback in order to improve service quality and customer service
· Professionalism in interacting with staff, peers, management and supervisors
· Maintain confidentiality and security of all information
· Ability to become proficient quickly in new software
· Database management experience preferred
· Ability to identify areas of improvement for processes, policies and procedures
· Management of complex and changing processes as requirements
· Management of operations and workflows that support a fast-paced work environment.
· Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks and occasional projects
· Precision and attention to detail, well organized
· Team orientation, with proven ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with staff and external parties.
· Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and manage long- and short-term assignments simultaneously, in a fluid and fast-paced work environment.
· Project management ability or desire to learn.
· Flexibility and poise in dealing with a diverse range of individuals and organizations, including foundations, public agencies, corporate leaders, community development organizations and neighborhood residents.
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with diverse individuals
- Ability to work independently and as a productive team member
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Experience: 3 – 5 years of related work experience in grant coordination and compliance and/or analysis and reporting
· Computer Skills: Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Must have reliable transportation with a valid driver's license
Minimum Education Required