TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that is mobilizing people, business, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by planting trees, capturing the rainwater, greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. We inspire, engage, and support the community to increase the urban tree canopy and address climate threats and environmental justice in Los Angeles and across the region.
We are seeking a Grant Writer to join our development team. This position will work closely with the program leads to develop public and private grants and manage grant submission, which includes relationship management, completing grant applications, writing proposals, coordination of requisite reports, developing strategies and supporting the research on grant opportunities.
● Proactively identify, apply for, and steward public and private funding opportunities.
● Actively and regularly identify potential funding sources and opportunities for TreePeople and TreePeople Land Trust programming.
● Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with institutional donors.
● Develop, interpret, and apply TreePeople and TreePeople Land Trust policies and procedures for grants and projects.
● Coordinate with other team members to develop, plan, write, and submit grant proposals for new and existing programs.
● Advise, coordinate, and produce the development and writing of interim and final reports for funded programs.
● Work with program and finance teams to maintain records of activities, compliance, and budgets as they relate to reports on awarded grants.
● Work closely with other departments and management across the organization to prepare proposals, follow up on deliverables and reports as needed.
● Support special campaigns and initiatives.
● Stay abreast of significant funding trends related to the environment, climate change and equity including specific opportunities that are in preliminary stages of development.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Minimum 3 years of successful grant writing, strong project management and grant stewardship experience.
● Demonstrated experience and knowledge working in the nonprofit sector.
● BA/BS or higher degree in public policy, urban planning, English, environmental studies (water, forestry, urban sustainability), public health, or a related field.
● Excellent, concise, and persuasive writing skills.
● Ability to translate and give guidance on grant requirements and purpose to other team members.
● Excellent organizational skills and familiarity with grant research and tracking systems. Knowledge of Salesforce or ability to quickly learn Salesforce.
● Positive attitude, passion for the environment and equity and team spirit.
TreePeople is an equal opportunity employer.
TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that is mobilizing people, business, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by planting trees, capturing the rainwater…