Department: Finance and Operations
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
About DOROT: DOROT, which means “generations” in Hebrew, was founded in 1976. We provide a dynamic partnership of seniors, volunteers, and professionals dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults to help them live independently as valued members of the community. Our wide array of programs – conducted on-site, in the home and in the community – are designed to combat loneliness and social isolation. Compassionate care and a commitment to excellence are hallmarks of our programs and staff.
Position Summary: The Human Resources Associate, provides strategic, analytic, administrative, and operational support to the Director and department in all areas of responsibilities of the HR Department.
This includes employee relations and communications, recruitment, orientation, retention and engagement, and administrative support.
The Human Resources Associate maintains positive employee relations, and responds to employee inquiries related to all aspects of the employee life cycle. They also lead change by improving processes and procedures and by supporting new policies, procedures and programs
- Drives and executes company HR initiatives in partnership with Director of HR
- The Associate ensures that all functions relating to employees’ records are processed in a confidential, efficient, accurate and timely manner. Maintain compliance with state and federal employment laws as well as company policies and procedures.
- Develop the ADP Workforce Now HRIS system as an effective resource tool for employees.
- Support all functions of the talent acquisition process, including sourcing and screening candidates, conducting reference checks and, manage and conduct new employee/orientation program. Further DOROT’s goal to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.
- Responsible for all aspects of benefits and insurance administration.
- Coordinate completion of human resources functions, including performance appraisals, workers compensation claims, unemployment claims, FMLA and PFL, timekeeping and maintaining personnel records
- Lead the Staff Activity Committee; plan and carry out staff engagement activities in consultation with Director and committee members
- Track and report on HR metrics including those related to talent acquisition, employee satisfaction, and participation in benefits
- In partnership with Director of HR, analyze turnover to identify trends and develop and implement employee retention strategies.
- Develop a Plan for employee trainings
- Participate in departmental and staff meetings and attend other meetings and continuing education seminars
- Monitor employee relations concerns – handle those that you can handle and partner with Director to resolve as appropriate
- Support the off boarding process by assisting in the exit interview process
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Three years of Human Resources Generalist and /or support experience in a Human Resources Department supporting 80-100 employees
- Ability to build relationships, respond, be proactive, and collaborate across all staff levels
- Ability to manage confidential and routine information with discretion
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects/deadlines and competing priorities
- Bring innovative approaches to all aspects of the HR Department’s work
- Ability to develop/mold processes and needed systems to operationalize the volume of transactions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including negotiation, persuasion, and conflict resolution.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to reports monthly with regards to turnover, promotions, cost per hire and other standard HR analytics
- Comfortable with public speaking, creating and making presentations
- Strong technical competency with MS Office and HRIS software. Ability to fully develop and utilize all features of ADPWFN preferred.
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations