Vital Strategies, headquartered in New York City, is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making in government, advancing evidence-based public health policies and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Vital Strategies’ priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives. They include non-communicable disease prevention, cardiovascular health promotion, tobacco control, road safety, obesity prevention, epidemic prevention, environmental health, vital statistics systems building and Multi-drug resistant tuberculosis treatment research. Our programs are concentrated in low- and middle-income countries and cities in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific. Please visit our website atwww.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
Vital Strategies is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Program Finance Assistant, Opioid. The Program Finance Assistant will report to the Grants Manager, Public Health Programs. The Program Finance Assistant will also collaborate with the Senior Grants Manager and Technical staff. The position is based in New York City. Applicants must possess a valid working permit to work in New York City.
- Advises consultants/meeting attendees, etc. regarding proper payment processing procedures
- Completes consultant/vendor/service provider agreements and liaises with contractees regarding payment terms, etc.
- Prepares and processes payment and per diem requests, review for proper coding
- Communicates with staff and vendors to solve invoice, payment request and per diem inquiries
- Submits contract obligations to Accounting
- Updates Monthly Budget Reconciliation and Expense Projection Reports and meets with program staff to review reports as needed
- Reviews/reconciles grantee quarterly reports
- Tracks payments submitted for project to help facilitate expense analysis
- Provides Program with payment status updates via weekly reports (Smartsheet/Excel/etc.)
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Maintains program files on management platform and SecuriSync
Qualifications and skill set:
- Minimum 2-3 years in accounting, finance, audit and grants management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related degree required
- Intermediate to advanced expertise in MS Excel including proficiency in using pivot tables, V-lookups
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong capacity building skills
Vital Strategies offers competitive compensation for full-time employees and pro-rata for part-time employees based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where Vital Strategies pays generously towards the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 15 paid vacation days (rising to 20 paid vacation days from fourth year of service and 25 from seventh year onwards), 13 paid federal holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; paid sick days; retirement savings plan; commuter benefits and basic life and personal accident insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter, including your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for in the subject line. Closing date for applications is November 8, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.