CAMBA Small Business Services located in Flatbush, Brooklyn, provides entrepreneurs with the tools to be successful. We provide financial education through award winning course offerings revolving around bankability. The greatest challenges facing entrepreneurs ineligible for bank financing are lack of credit, no credit experience, the inability to produce formal financial documents, the absence of marketing strategies and the inability to produce a comprehensive business plan. CAMBA Small Business Services address these challenges directly, giving entrepreneurs the opportunity to formalize and grow, positioning them to benefit from the economic revitalization Brooklyn neighborhoods are experiencing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to: (1) provide extensive technical assistance to potential and existing entrepreneurs, both in group settings and one-on-one; and (2) assist adults in eliminating barriers to establishing and maintaining their own businesses and in gaining access to capital; including the following:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Market and outreach to potential referral sources for loan applicants (i.e., government agencies, community groups, local financial institutions, etc.)
- Pre-screen client referrals over the telephone for appropriate CAMBA service/program.
- Register clients for CAMBA's entrepreneurial training seminars/workshops or for one-on-one assistance.
- Organize, schedule, and conduct CAMBA's entrepreneurial training seminars and workshops.
- Assist clients with completion of their business plans and/or government agency filings.
- Follow-up with clients regarding open issues in their business plans/government filings
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in business, accounting, or a related field and four years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience. Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Experience with providing business counseling to aspiring and existing small business owners.
- Experience in the field of micro-enterprise or a small business operator with experience in a teaching or training environment.
- Strong financial and analytical skills and the ability to develop and interpret financial statements applied to business accounting and finance principal required.
- Acute ability to scrutinize small business plans and loan requests and research entrepreneurs.
- Ability to meet performance goals required.
- Ability to work closely with multi-cultural clients and familiarity with the economic issues of a low-income client base.
- Strong initiative and creative ability to expand program goals.
- Fluency with the use of tablet based apps and technology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access.
Minimum Education Required