Part Time Temporary
205 East 42nd Street
The mission of New Visions’ Quality Assurance unit is to support New Visions as a high performing organization by high quality assessment content for the suite of assessment products for New Visions for Public Schools. New Visions has the goal of providing full editable assessment content to the public through an assessment product (Quiz Banker) and through a public API.
The Digital Assessment Content Resident will play a crucial role in making this a reality. The Digital Assessment Content Resident plays a crucial role within the unit and the organization, working closely with the Quality Assurance Manager and Application Developers to ensure that historical repository of assessment data are stored and are available to a variety of public and internal products.
This role is a part-time (21-28 hours per week) position lasting approximately twelve months in duration, beginning in May 2018. The role is not eligible for company benefits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Use SQL and MongoDb Query Language to pull data sets from SQL and NoSQL databases respectively
- Specify endpoints for Quiz Builder API for consumption by downstream applications
- Lead content conversion from non-editable sources (e.g. PDF) to editable text (e.g. in HTML, LaTex form) using a variety of means
- Manage and organize a content delivery store for non-text components of assessment content
- Ensure alignment of test items to standards
- Ensure consistency of historical performance on assessment items
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborative and team-oriented with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated persistence and independence in learning technical subject matter, and in and solving technical problems.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
- MongoDB or other JSON data store and/or experience with SQL databases
- Experience with CRUD operations
- Google Apps Script
- Prior education experience welcome!
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, public administration, public policy, education, statistics, economics, psychology, sociology, or related social science field.
- A minimum of two years experience in managing digital content.
- Candidates currently pursuing a Master's degree are welcome
New Visions for Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly to the website provided above.