900 N. Marshall Street
Young Scholars Charter School (YSCS) is seeking a Manager of High School Placement & Alumni Engagement.
About Young Scholars Charter School
Young Scholars Charter School (YSCS) is a free, lottery-based, open-enrollment charter school serving students from across Philadelphia in grades 6-8. The mission of Young Scholars is to provide a personalized middle school education that challenges, engages and prepares all students to passionately pursue their dreams and lead a life of active citizenship.
The Manager of High School Placement & Alumni Engagement will manage all efforts to ensure a positive and bright future for students after they graduate from Young Scholars Charter School. A key component of this role will be ensuring that our Scholars are accepted into high-quality options for high school. In addition, the person in this role will continue to track our alums as they continue on through high school, to ensure they are set-up for success in their high school placements. This role also includes periodic instruction in high school preparedness counseling.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local public, private, charter, and parochial high schools;
- Conduct meetings with students and families to prepare them for the high school application process;
- Lead information sessions and events on different aspects of the high school cycle;
- Track and maintain contact with Young Scholars CS alums;
- Oversee and facilitate the Board of Trustee’s high school admissions committee;
- Actively serve on the school’s leadership team.
Qualifications and Skills
- A belief that ALL students should be held to high academic standards;
- Resilience and professionalism;
- Proven record of achieving ambitious results;
- Ability to build strong relationships and work with different stakeholders;
- Exceptionally strong strategic thinking;
- Excellent communication both verbal and written;
- Superb planning and project management skills;
- Commitment to school transformation and continuous improvement;
- Open to feedback and coaching;
- Strong sense of personal accountability;
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree preferred
- 3 years of teaching experience or 5 years of professional work experience in an urban setting preferred
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Minimum Education Required