Experienced Warehouse Professional/ Warehouse Selector- TOP PAY!
- Job posted by Food Bank For New York City
Details: Competitive Pay! Email us today.
355 Food Center Drive
Title Experienced Warehouse Professional
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisors and Manager
Location: 355 Food Center Drive – Bronx
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Who We Are
For 35 years, Food Bank For New York City has been the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs. Nearly one in five New Yorkers relies on Food Bank for food and other resources. Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. Through its network of more than 1,000 charities and schools citywide, Food Bank provides food for more than 61 million free meals per year for New Yorkers in need. Food Bank For New York City’s income support services, including food stamps (also known as SNAP) and free tax assistance for the working poor, put more than $110 million each year into the pockets of New Yorkers, helping them to afford food and achieve greater dignity and independence. Food Bank’s nutrition education programs and services empower more than 50,000 children, teens and adults to sustain a healthy diet and active lifestyle on a limited budget. Working toward long-term solutions to food poverty, Food Bank develops policy and conducts research to inform community and government efforts.
To learn about who we are and how we serve as Food Bankers, click Our History, Our Mission
To learn more about our organizational core values, click Core Values
Food Bank’s Food Distribution department is responsible for servicing our agency partners throughout the five boroughs of New York City. Success in this department involves Food Distribution’s ability to distribute good wholesome food in a timely, efficient and caring manner. In joining, you will be a part of a team whose goal is to serve the most vulnerable citizens of New York City and assist in its mission to end hunger.
Primary Purpose of Job:
This position calls for a professional individual with warehouse experience looking for a career and opportunity to be a part of a team on a mission to end hunger. Performing daily warehouse operation duties up to and including selection, shipping, receiving, inventory cycle counts, cleaning and other operational duties.
Your key responsibilities:
o Ensure a professional code of conduct at all times.
o Follow all organizational and safety policies and procedures.
o Accurately select ( case pick) and stage product while maintaining our selection productivity requirement.
o Help maintain a clean and safe working environment.
o Load and unload inbound and outbound trailers/trucks. Ensure proper stacking of all products to minimize product damage.
o Maintain upkeep of assigned equipment. Ensure all equipment (Pallet jacks/scanners etc.) are in proper working order.
o Check for signs of contamination, expiration dates or other signs of unsafe storage
o Complete daily assigned tasks and paperwork given by management team.
o Demonstrate courtesy, respect, and politeness in all interactions with clients, colleagues, and guests.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING QUALFICATIONS:
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
· Ability to safely operate electric (Rider) pallet jack. Forklift and Hilo experience is a plus.
· Knowledge of basic warehouse operations and food distribution.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
· Ability to work in a fast paced and diverse environment.
· Capable of properly lifting up to 75lbs.
· Steel toe boots required.
· The ability to work in a freezer environment. (Below 0 degrees)
· Basic reading, writing and math skills are required.
· Open to schedule change when necessary to fit the needs of the operation. (Flexible schedule required.)
· Possess strong communication skills and display professional conduct at all times.
· Ability to multitask and think on your feet.
· Commitment to Food Bank’s For New York City’s Mission.
Minimum Education Required