Details: based on experience,
3655 s. grand suite 220
TXT: Teens Exploring Technology is an award winning start---up not for profit organization focused on inspiring young men of color to become confident leaders who use technology as a tool to improve marginalized communities. Our interdisciplinary curriculum develops leadership, resilience, entrepreneurship, and computer science skills among underrepresented teens. Our programs consist of: 1) A Summer Coding Leadership Academy at USC, 2) an after-School program focused on Computer Science, 3) “The Cube”, a “hacker” space for kids to work and collaborate to solve community issues. Join us in empowering the next generation of Technology entrepreneurs. You will be working with our CEO, who has won the James Irvine Leadership Award and Recognize by Obama as a leader in tech at the White House.
FTE Operations and Development Manager Job Description
The Operations and Development Manager will organize the day-to-day operations of TXT through strategic and tactical operation. This person will have the opportunity to shape TXT and learn an enormous amount about running a social conscious tech startup. In addition to strong people skills, the successful candidate needs to be highly organized and take initiative to coordinate, execute, and growth of TXT. Manage the operations and grant-writing for our growing organization. The Operations and Development Manager will develop, manage, and lead grant applications, submissions, and reports. In addition, to Implementing and overseeing fundraising initiatives. Work closely with the Executive Director on donor relations and Fundraising Events.
Research new programming and growth activities and establishing new partnerships and maintaining existing community and corporate partnerships. Track and monitor all program expenses, revenue, and fiscal needs of programs. This person will report to the CEO.
- Develop and maintain trusting relationships with all TXT partners;
- Develop and optimize process in order to work effectively in a lean start up environment;
- Handle all financial transactions (payments, billings, contracts, and, disbursements);
- Oversee the writing, editing, submission of all grant proposals and letters of Inquiries
- Review and recommend application and proposal strategies to the Executive Director
- Track all reporting requirements and submit all final grant reports
- Research prospective foundations and companies that can support operating funds and specific programs and projects. Manage and seek new opportunities through the current philanthropy community
- Create and implement systems to manage the processing, recognition, and stewardship of donor gifts
- Create and execute donor pledge campaign, acknowledgments, and gift receipting
- Manage the processing of individual donor pledge payments
- Develop donor and sponsorship materials
- Coordinate development meetings of new and existing programs with corporate sponsors, and foundations;
- Collect and analyze data and statistical records to generate reports for Executive Director and Advisory Board;
- Support the CEO in implementing a Design Thinking culture in order to improve processes, programs, and overall effectiveness of organization through rapid data collection.
- Oversee the design and implementation of program evaluations for use in Advisory Board meetings, Grants and Foundation reports;
- Support the CEO in designing a strategic plan for the next five-ten years;
- Other Duties as assigned by CEO.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably with relevant work experience;
- Excellent organization skills and a self------starter who likes being in entrepreneurial settings;
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Developing operations protocol, workflow and designing and implementing new processes
- Demonstrated success leading and motivating teams in fast---paced environments
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, creatively, with initiative and accurately with minimal supervision and within specific deadlines; and
- Skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices, or procedures to define the problem or objective, identify relevant concerns for factors, identify patterns, tendencies, and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and recognize alternatives and their implications.
Include cover letter and resume to Oscar Menjivar at firstname.lastname@example.org and title the subject “Operations Manager”. In your cover letter, please address the following question: What are your professional goals, and why? What do you love or know about South Los Angeles?
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in Spanish is a plus, not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidate will need a background check, have a car and CA driver’s license, and be willing to work Saturdays; this is a full-time position. Compensation based on experience. Include cover letter and resume to Oscar Menjivar at email@example.com and title the subject “Operations Manager”. In your cover letter, please address the following question: What are your professional goals, and why? What do you love or know about South Los Angeles?