Details: Competitive Salary
StreetWise Partners uses the power of mentoring to reduce unemployment within the low income communities of New York City and Washington D.C. The organization pairs business professionals with mentees who are unemployed/underemployed in order to provide them with the skills, resources and access to networks that they need to secure and maintain employment.
The New York Program Director will oversee programming for the organization’s New York City region. The Director will serve as the lead for all NY programming including but not limited to program management, staff supervision, client and volunteer recruitment, relationship building and outcomes management. The organization is in a time of growth, and looking for a dynamic, multi-faceted leader to execute on our expansion goals.
- Oversee the facilitation of a workforce development mentoring program for 220+ adults each year, ages 18-65 from disadvantaged backgrounds who are looking to become employed.
- Supervise a team of at least three full time staff and two interns in order to ensure high quality services for both volunteers (“mentors”) and clients (“mentees”). Oversee hiring and development of a strong team; recruit and onboard professional interns; facilitate individual and team meetings to promote a supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Oversee the mentor-mentee matching process for 220 mentoring pairs each year; develop strategies to create strong matches based on industry, demographics, communication style and personality traits.
- Support Program Managers in facilitating weekly mentoring workshops with mentees and mentors in a group setting at various corporate sites; provide guidance on program facilitation, conflict resolution, crisis intervention, communication and other issues related to strong service delivery; intervene in difficult situations and problem solve effectively.
- Attend program sessions throughout the year to ensure high quality curriculum delivery; engage with mentees and mentors to form relationships, elicit program feedback and provide support.
- Ensure high quality volunteer trainings throughout program; engage trainers, facilitate volunteer round table discussions to promote problem solving and knowledge sharing.
- Assist in curriculum review to ensure the content is nimble and demand driven.
- Manage the recruitment of 220 mentees each year; lead community partner outreach; develop strategy, form relationships and manage partnerships to ensure strong collaboration for the organization.
- Supervise the Manager of Volunteer Recruitment and Retention to recruit, train and manage over 500 corporate volunteers annually who serve as mentors and one time volunteers.
- Engage 5 seasoned mentors at each program site for the role of lead volunteer “Officers”; Interview, onboard and train all Officers to ensure high quality program support.
- Develop and deepen relationships with 25+ corporations each year to provide volunteers, in-kind program space, pro-bono project support and funding. Create and execute on a sales strategy to ensure partnership goals are met.
- Design marketing materials that excite our audience; draft communication outreach for the region that sells our program to all constituents. Create a marketing guide for the program team.
- Manage Salesforce database; ensure data integrity; produce reports in order to show goals are met for graduation rates, job placement rates and job retention rates. Analyze data and identify trends.
- Oversee data collection including demographics and outcomes through one-year post graduation.
- Assist with drafting outcomes reports to funders.
- Oversee the development and growth of alumni services including alumni events, resources, and the creation of an alumni board.
- Collaborate with other regional program directors to share lessons learned, creative ideas for problem solving, best practices and how to continuously improve service delivery.
- Represent the organization with integrity and enthusiasm at events and conferences.
- Serve as a thought leader on mentoring and workforce development.
- Bring creativity and curiosity to the job!
- Provide supervisor with regular progress reports and updates on all projects.
- Ability to work two evenings a week.
- Bachelor Degree required; Master Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of managing teams of 4 or more; experience in mentoring or workforce development a plus.
- Ability to navigate different constituents and environments; capable of engaging volunteers, donors, corporate leaders, nonprofit partners and clients equally and effectively.
- Committed to social justice and racial equity.
- Strong ability to lead teams through change and growth.
- Knowledge of SalesForce or another database; comfort in managing and analyzing data
Full benefits package
Minimum Education Required