889 Harrison Avenue
Are you looking to apply your development skills at one of the most-highly regarded nonprofits in Boston? Is social justice and the advancement of women important to you? Then you may have a place at Rosie's Place, the first women’s shelter in the United States. What started out as safe place for poor and homeless women to get a bed and a meal in Boston 44 years ago has grown into a multi-faceted community center serving 12,000 women a year.
The Major Gift Officer will work closely with the Director of Fundraising and the Fundraising Team to cultivate and steward relationships with Rosie’s Place supporters. The role includes opportunities to fundraise through individual solicitation, special events, volunteer activities, and more. And because Rosie’s Place does not accept government funds, the work of the Fundraising Team is vital to the operation of all programs and administration. You can help us to communicate with our donors and bridge the distance between the act of philanthropy and its impact on our mission.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
· Ability to work collaboratively across the organization; develop a deep understanding of the mission, programs, and values of Rosie’s Place
· Manage a portfolio of individual donors, prospects, and corporate donors.; work both independently as well as collaboratively with other team members
· Identify, evaluate, and cultivate individuals capable of contributing gifts of at least $1,000 annually
· Prepare meaningful and effective funding proposals, reports and customized collateral for individual donors, prospects and corporate donors
· Schedule, manage and attend regular donor meetings
· Manage all information relating to current major donors and prospects in Raiser’s Edge in a timely manner
· Attend staff and committee meetings as required and represent Rosie’s Place at networking events
· Perform any additional duties, including gift processing and acknowledgement support as needed and assigned by the Director of Fundraising
· Reports directly to the Director of Fundraising.
· 3-5 years of active solicitation and demonstrated success in major-gifts fundraising with a focus on prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation
· Demonstrated abilities in planning and/or execution of fundraising and donor cultivation special events
· Proficient with Raiser’s Edge, MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Advanced knowledge of moves management
· Demonstrated experience working with volunteers and program staff
· Superior written and oral communication skills as well as excellent research skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines and the willingness to meet unexpected requests
· Self-motivated as well as the ability to make independent decisions
· Strong commitment to the mission of Rosie’s Place and/or knowledge of issues relating to women’s poverty and homelessness
Eligible for Health, Dental and Vision Insurance first day of employment as well as enrollment in 403(b) retirement plan. First year of employment your entitled to: (15) Vacation days, (12) Sick days, and (10) Holidays. After one year of employment employees are automatically enrolled in Short/Long term disability and Life Insurance and are eligible for employer contribution towards pension plan.
Minimum Education Required