Details: Competitive salary
17 Battery Place
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Communications, this full time exempt, staff person is responsible for leading maintenance and development of current websites and web applications, including FloodHelpNY.org and CNYCN.org. The developer will be responsible for working with the Communications team to develop innovative web-based solutions for low- and moderate-income homeowners. The Center is looking for a web developer than can design, implement, and maintain technical solutions — but also someone who can work collaboratively with non-technical staff to translate their needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, implement, and maintain web-based tools in collaboration with other teams
- Develop and coordinate a plan for long-term maintenance of the Center’s web solutions
- Develop and implement a plan for QA of all web solutions
- Serve as a technical resource for the Center
- Collaborate with the communications team to integrate digital marketing campaigns, track web usage through Google Analytics, and provide technical insights
- Contribute to the strategic visioning of the Center’s web solutions
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Two years of Ruby on Rails development experience
- Experience working with React.js or another modern front-end framework
- Experience programming in a Test Driven Development environment.
- Experience with responsive web development
- Experience with agile and lean methodologies for software development
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ year(s) working with Ruby on Rails
- Extensive experience with PostGreSQL preferred
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines such as Travis CI or Codeship
- Experience working with Mocha, Chai and RSpec
- Proficient with Git and version control
- Experience with third party APIs, such as Salesforce and Google APIs
- Experience managing hosted environments on AWS or Heroku
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume through our website at https://cnycn.bamboohr.com/jobs/. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
The Center strongly encourages Section 3 residents to participate in this hiring effort. Information to determine if you are a Section 3 resident can be obtained by contacting Michael Hartwyk at (646) 786-0882 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons requiring reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring effort are requested to contact Michael Hartwyk at (646) 786-0882 or by email at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Center for NYC Neighborhoods.