The Community Engagement Coordinator (CEC) will serve as an in-house expert on community resources and help lead outreach efforts in the communities Chrysalis serves, working in collaboration with the Community Engagement Manager (CEM), various Chrysalis staff, and community partners.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for conducting outreach activities, including representing Chrysalis at community events, leading office tours, building partnerships with relevant organizations, and recruiting clients for the Chrysalis Program. The successful candidate will be passionate about serving vulnerable populations, have fantastic written and verbal communication skills, and be committed to serving the diverse Chrysalis client population.
Duties and responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
Areas of Responsibility:
- Resource Information Management
- Client Recruitment & Referral Partner Engagement
- Relationship Building & Management
Resource Information: Knowledge-building & Consultation
- Provide up-to-date information about resource availability to the Client Services Team.
- Develop and maintain thorough, user-friendly database of resource information, including instructions for accessing services, to be used by Client Services staff.
- Attend internal meetings regularly, communicating and disseminating relevant resource and outreach-related information to staff. Be available, as needed, to staff with questions about resources for clients.
- Research and identify community events, organizations, and resources to support/supplement Chrysalis services to clients.
Client Recruitment & Referral Partner Engagement
- Coordinate participation in and representation at events and meetings in order to: recruit clients, identify resources, and build partnerships.
- Perform other outreach duties as needed, including visiting partner organizations and conducting tours of all of Chrysalis’ locations.
- Effectively communicate the Chrysalis program and Chrysalis Enterprises model to support recruitment and growth.
- Capture, document and track all client recruitment activities in Salesforce database.
- Track outreach outcomes in support of annual goals and strategic growth plan.
Relationship Building & Management
- Enter new accounts/partners into Salesforce database and maintaining accurate information of contacts.
- Maintain consistent contact with all Chrysalis partners through in-person meetings, calls, emails etc.
- Coordinate all outreach activities with CEM, Site Directors and other staff members.
- Utilize reports to gauge current and new partner referral numbers.
- Adhere to all Chrysalis policies and procedures.
- Support the Chrysalis Mission and adhere to the Chrysalis Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Skills and Qualifications
- Passion for the Chrysalis Mission.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Willing to travel to all Chrysalis locations and partner locations.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and service providers preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and the ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Demonstrated communication, networking, teamwork, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact with clients, colleagues, partners, and others with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Computer literacy required. Must be proficient in Internet research, Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs and be willing to learn other applications as needed.
- Prior experience with a database tool preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Car, valid driver’s license and insurance required.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
Chrysalis encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities Chrysalis serves. Chrysalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or drop-ins regarding this position please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We offer a highly competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on our Career Page: