14 Wall Street
About The Posse Foundation:
The Posse Foundation is a nationally recognized youth leadership development and college access program that identifies, recruits, and trains diverse teams—Posses—of public high school students and sends them to top colleges and universities. To date, more than 7,000 Posse Scholars have been accepted into top-tier institutions of higher education throughout the country. These young people have received more than $1 billion in full-tuition leadership scholarships from Posse’s college and university partners and have been agents of positive change on their campuses.
The Posse Foundation launched its veterans initiative in 2012 in an effort to increase the rates at which veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces attend and graduate from selective colleges and universities. The Posse Veterans Program began in partnership with Vassar College and now also counts the University of Chicago, the University of Virginia and Wesleyan University as partners. Each Posse veteran will attend college as part of a multicultural team—a Posse—of 10 veterans and will receive support prior to matriculating on campus and mentoring once enrolled.
The role of the Posse trainer is to help recruit, train, support, encourage and maintain contact with Posse Scholars. The Posse trainer works with Scholars beginning with their recruitment for the program and continuing to their graduation from the partner college or university. The Posse trainer works with Scholars both on an individual basis and in groups. The Posse trainer reports to the Program Director of Veterans Program and will work in close collaboration with a partner trainer.
- Raise awareness of Posse program at community colleges and community-based organizations who work with veterans through personal contact with college counselors, advisors, program directors, and other staff.
- Assist in recruitment of veterans for the Posse program.
- Serve as a resource for candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Help organize and deliver recruitment, assessment, and selection activities.
- Select Posse Scholars in collaboration with partner college and university officials.
- Plan, facilitate, and evaluate workshops, summer retreats, and other activities for up to three Posses during the four-week, pre-college training program.
- Assist writing coaches in planning, implementation and assessment of writing program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Posse Scholars at three partner colleges and universities through regular campus visits, telephone calls, email, and other correspondence.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Posse Mentors at three partner colleges and universities, facilitate and participate in Mentor training, communicate regularly with Mentors by phone and email throughout the academic year.
- Maintain relationships with staff, administrators, and faculty at partner colleges and universities.
- Plan, facilitate, and evaluate annual PossePlus Retreats at partner colleges and universities.
- Plan and attend graduation ceremonies at partner colleges and universities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree a plus.
- Three to five years of previous work experience desired.
- United States military experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with veterans a plus.
- Willing and able to travel throughout year (current driver’s license strongly preferred).
- Facilitation and counseling experience.
- Experience working one-on-one with college students.
- Excellent demonstrated skills in writing, communication, presentation, and time management.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to relate to and interact with active servicemembers and veterans from diverse backgrounds.
- Computer skills (MS Word and Excel, internet research, email, etc.).
- Ability to perform basic data entry and analysis.
- Must be enthusiastic, possess a strong work ethic, be able to work independently and as part of a team, and serve as a positive role model for Posse Scholars and staff.
- Demonstrated belief in Posse’s mission and values.
Posse is proud to offer competitive benefits to our employees. Some of our benefits include:
- Employer paid medical, dental, and life insurance plan for employee
- Paid parental leave
- 403(B) plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous paid time off policy
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates are required to submit a resume and cover letter when applying.