BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
The Nelson Avenue Family Residence seeks a Housing Specialist. The Housing Specialist is responsible for assisting clients in obtaining permanent housing. Key responsibilities include assessing clients for housing, assisting with housing applications, conducting housing based workshops, providing referrals for appropriate housing opportunities, and developing/maintaining a network of brokers and landlords for referral. The housing specialist will be responsible for identifying potential housing providers and opportunities, meeting monthly/quarterly targets, and following up regularly with families and housing providers. Maintaining accurate and up to date records, and documentation is imperative. The position requires a highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and able to take initiative. The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree, bilingual English/Spanish skills and a Driver’s License are preferred.
• Assist clients in obtaining and retaining housing.
• Assess clients for housing by assisting with housing applications.
• Conduct housing based workshops and providing referrals for appropriate housing opportunities.
• Developing/maintaining a network of brokers and landlords for referral.
• Identify potential housing providers and opportunities.
• Meet monthly/quarterly targets, and following-up regularly with families and housing providers.
• Maintain accurate and up to date records and documentation.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
• Bachelors degree in a related field of study.
• Bilingual English and Spanish language skills proficiency preferred.
• A valid, clean driver’s license preferred.
• Engaging personality, excellent interpersonal skills and be detailed orientated.
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the…
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.
We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristics, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid…