114 Western Ave
The Innovation Strategist plays a key role in helping Commonwealth build and scale innovative financial solutions for financially vulnerable Americans. The individual will be part of an organization and team passionate about making positive, scalable impact on the financial lives of people. The Innovation Strategist will support multiple initiatives.
- Coordinate projects through task management, organization and disciplined follow up.
- Employ strong interpersonal skills to support and coordinate strategic relationships with financial institutions, community groups, vendors and other critical partners.
- Conduct or support original qualitative and quantitative research.
- Contribute to the scaling of financial innovations by following industry developments, and studying relevant consumer, industry and public policy issues.
- Creatively problem-solve and collaborate with a small, results-oriented team to effectively keep projects on track toward both short-term milestones and long-term strategic objectives.
- Write both online and print communication that describes the work, supports policy efforts, and promotes dissemination of innovations.
- Contribute to a positive organizational culture through consistent high energy, appetite for learning, eagerness to support colleagues and engaged participation on project teams.
- Exceptional organization skills, with the ability to track and support multiple complex projects with both flexibility and close attention to detail.
- Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently to achieve goals and timelines.
- Aptitude for analytic reasoning and the use of data to inform decision-making.
- Ability to develop solutions to problems creatively as they arise and the judgment to know when to call on colleagues or a supervisor for help.
- Ability to build relationships and work with a diverse range of partners.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to craft persuasive verbal and written communications for different audiences.
- Flexible and willing to address project needs as they arise.
- Passionate about the mission of Commonwealth and driving social change through promoting economic prosperity for financially vulnerable consumers.
- Familiarity with financial technology innovations and low and middle income consumers a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience in the financial empowerment field, the financial services industry or a related field preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required.
Commonwealth offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. We offer a generous compensation package that includes medical and short term and long term disability insurance, Health Savings Account contributions, retirement matching contributions, and transit allowance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com and put “Innovation Strategist” in the subject line. This position is open immediately. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls.