Development Coordinator and Grant Writer (Spanish Bilingual)
- Job posted by Qualitas of Life Foundation
Full Time Contract
The Development Coordinator and Grant Writer works in close collaboration with the Executive director and program collaborators to ensure the pursuit of funding opportunities aligned with the strategic direction and objectives of the organization. This full time position is in charge of sourcing, researching, writing, managing, evaluating and reporting on foundation, corporate, government and other grant opportunities.
She/he is responsible to:
- Write grant proposals as well as letters of inquiry, applications, progress reports, acknowledgment letters and other correspondence to prospective and renewing foundations, corporations and government agencies to ensure organizationals program funding.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to identify, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and funding opportunities.
- Keep track and update funding opportunities and donors database, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Collaborate with key staff members to complete grants/rfp’s and ensure the funders requirements are met.
- Gather and prepare materials to accompany grants including needs analysis, goals, objectives, outcome data, timelines, budget narrative and evaluation data.
- Research and develop materials on the conditions of the Mexican immigrant population in the United States and the conditions of the population that tends to migrate into the United States.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to funders on current grant programs.
- Create periodically reports for the Executive director, fundraising committee, board members and program collaborators.
- Understand the organization mission and programs.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- BA/BS College degree and 1-3 years of grant writing experience.
- A strong understanding of nonprofits and non profit development.
- Excellent oral and written fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Deep knowledge of Mexico, the migratory processes and the conditions of marginalization of the immigrant communities.
- Demonstrated ability to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent persuasive writing, analytical, and research skills.
- Strong editing skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and strong planning and organizational skills
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of national and international funding opportunities is a plus.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Able to work well independently as well as collaboratively and be self-motivated in a team environment.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals.
- Ability to operate efficiently and gracefully under pressure and willingness to work a flexible schedule sometimes.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive and Salesforce.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent oral and written fluency in English and Spanish required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume.
Applications with no cover letter will not be reviewed.
Qualitas of Life Fondation is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including Women, People of Color, Gays and Lesbians, Transgender People, Veterans and people with disabilities.