John Smith House
John Smith Drive
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. We are a confederation of 20 independent affiliates who share vision, values and have increasingly built shared strategy, campaigns, programmes and working practices. Oxfam International (OI) is the secretariat and coordinator of joint working and is now taking on line management of all country and regional programmes. Historically, Oxfam Great Britain (OGB), the original and largest Oxfam, led and managed humanitarian, development and influencing programmes across many parts of the developing world. We now contribute to a shared One Oxfam programme.
OGB’s International Programme Director (IPD) will be coming to the role at a critical time in the implementation of a new model of managing programmes. This is a networked stakeholder model that will enable us to be fit for the future. Within 2018, we will have transitioned all our country and regional programmes to the Oxfam International line, changing our management and employment model substantially.
Oxfam therefore seeks to recruit an International Programmes Director to lead the implementation of Oxfam’s new stakeholder model.
The International Programmes Director will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee and lead the implementation of OGB’s new model of managing programmes
- Enable Oxfam to realise our ambitions to change roles from that of manager to that of a more equal Partner Affiliate (PA)
- Work closely with OI Regional and Country teams and other affiliate PDs to ensure we continue to work collectively to overcome the injustice that is poverty across the world.
- Support countries and regions as a Partner affiliate
- Manage key areas of risk and problem solving
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic and credible leader with the following:
- A deep commitment to social justice and have a clear vision for how international organisations like Oxfam can best contribute to ending poverty.
- Lead and work constructively and creatively within and across teams to deliver on these aims
- An enthusiastic and experienced leader in programmes, grants management and operations
Location: Oxford (Oxfam House)
Hours: 36 hours per week
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with the seniority
Job Type: Open ended
Closing Date: 1 October 2018
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. If you wish to know more about the role please review Oxfam’s advert through the following link:
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job profile and apply online via the link below quoting reference 3755:
Oxfam GB is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.
This post is subject to a range of vetting checks.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted