2 Court Square West
Long Island City
CUNY School of Law is the #1 public interest law school in the country. Founded in 1983, we train lawyers to serve historically underrepresented communities and work towards greater diversity in the legal profession. Our motto, “law in the service of human needs,” infuses everything we do.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives & External Relations, the Executive Director of Development will take a leadership role in strategically developing and implementing a fundraising program. The Executive Director of Development will work with the Dean, foundation board, board of visitors, senior administrators, faculty and members of the institutional advancement team in the planning and execution of the development program. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Dean and Executive Director on the formulation of fundraising goals and priorities that proactively, strategically and systematically expands and diversifies philanthropic revenue.
- Design and implement a comprehensive strategy to increase giving for all areas of fundraising including annual giving, major and planned giving, and grants.
- Develop detailed strategies and programs for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individual and prospective donors
- Develop, plan and manage fundraising and cultivation events.
- Create solicitation and marketing materials to communicate fundraising needs including a student fund to support scholarships, internships and bar study grants.
- Manage CUNY Law Foundation Board and Board of Visitors.
- Manage development budget and financial reporting for all development activities.
- Manage all operational aspects of the development program.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy within faculty, staff, alumni and community members.
- Partner with Institutional Advancement team to inspire alumni engagement and support.
- Design, implement and manage a plan that expands foundation, corporate and government support working closely with faculty and senior administrators to that end.
- Supervise and direct development staff.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Level of Language Proficiency
This position is in CUNY's Executive Compensation Plan. All executive positions require a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and eight years' related experience. Additional qualifications are defined below.
An advanced degree and CFRE are preferred, but not required. The successful candidate will be an energetic, dynamic leader with a strong record of fundraising success and proven ability to build and enhance relationships with donors. The successful candidate will also have a strong work ethic and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will also be committed to the Law School’s mission, and be familiar with organizations and firms advancing social justice. Familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Luminate is preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.