Part Time Contract
Learning Community Associate (Contracted/Part Time)
Job Purpose and Function: The Learning Community Associate provides a unique opportunity to contribute to a thriving non-profit organization engaged in transformational work to a new level of impact and expansion. With over 40 years of proven success in creating dynamic partnerships focused on education on pretrial justice system reform, our innovative collaborative approach is setting the standard for an impactful shift in how our Country’s pretrial system functions. The Learning Community Associate is responsible for working closely with the organization’s Impact & Innovation team, and contribute vibrant and engaging content to PJI’s learning community network.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
· Participate in the JDAIconnect community on a daily basis Monday-Friday to contribute new content, respond to existing content, engage members in discussion, and amplify content themes
· Work with the Community Technology Manager to curate content for weekly eblasts and homepage sliders
· Support the JDAIconnectors volunteer group with training, technical support, strategy development, and recognition
· Support coordinators, technical assistance providers, and others who are recruiting new members to the community
· Attend JDAI events as a JDAIconnect ambassador (may involve travel)
· Design and implement community engagement activities on a monthly basis
· Develop strategies that target inactive members and re-engage them in the community
· Contribute to thematic development and content planning in partnership with the JDAIconnect team
· Participate in weekly team meetings with the PJI JDAIconnect team and monthly meetings with the Annie E. Casey Foundation
· Develop written or video materials for posting in the community or for use during events
· Maintain JDAIconnect event calendar
· Identify opportunities for targeted marketing of events
· Coordinate with content contributors, planning committees, and event faculty for planning and content development purposes
· Other duties, as assigned
· Experience navigating social media platforms
· Knowledge of the juvenile justice system, and preferably of JDAI
· Passion for juvenile justice system improvement
· Knowledge of online community engagement strategies
· Knowledge of Google suite and Microsoft Office, and comfort learning new technologies
· Experience working with diverse people and demonstrating effective communication skills
Skills & Abilities:
· Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to work on multiple projects effectively and efficiently, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
· Ability to communicate professionally, clearly and concisely both verbal, written and electronically.
· Self-starter with strong initiative and ability to work under pressure.
· Integrity, responsibility and confidentiality.
· Ability to listen openly and effectively, and to connect with a wide variety of people, personalities, and diverse points of view.
· Able to work in a team environment and has the courage to communicate openly and honestly.
· Eager to learn, and willing to be coached to increase effectiveness, collaboration, and results.
· High functioning sense of humor, humility, and emotional intelligence
· Foster a culture of integrity, service, adaptability, innovation, and responsibility
Special Working Conditions
· Working within a virtual environment.
· Web conferencing.
· Some travel is required at times (approximately 10-20%).
· Flexibility in working hours – occasional night and weekend hours may be required.
PJI’s culture represents one that embraces:
· Nonprofits are run with business-based practices and a focus on results, not reasons
· Anything is possible
· When you give your word, you do everything in your power to honor it. If you don’t, you clean it up
· Everyone has something to contribute
· Everything happens out of your relationship with other people
· Great ideas come from anyone at any time
· People up to big things are going to make big mistakes. We learn from them and move on.
This position is Contracted/Part Time, approximately 30/hours per week.
PJI’s offices are located in Rockville, Maryland and Arlington, VA DC. This position will be virtually based, with occasional travel.
Meghan Guevara, Vice President of Innovation & Impact
Commensurate to abilities.
Please send resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
PJI is an equal opportunity employer. People with colorful backgrounds or from protected classes encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required