Facing History and Ourselves seeks an energetic and detail-oriented Development Coordinator, who will support fundraising efforts in the New York. Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator will manage data entry and reporting from Salesforce and support day-to-day Development department operations and fundraising and community outreach events, most notably our annual Benefit Dinner. This individual will act as a key member of the team, preparing for weekly meetings, distributing weekly financial reports, and helping ensure that team communication and operations are strong and consistent.
Database and Portfolio Management
· Maintain and ensure accuracy and integrity of data in Salesforce.
· Manage data entry, report generation, and gift processing.
· Support regular meetings with development support team and frontline fundraisers related to research, portfolio review, and moves management.
Administration and Support
· Provide support to frontline fundraisers and volunteer leadership by assembling meeting packets and compiling research and briefing memos in advance of meetings with high priority donors.
· Provide administrative support for development and general office activities including filing, photocopying, mailings, and maintenance of files on the Google drive.
· Make follow-up calls for events and meetings and be able to provide basic information about the organization to callers, visitors, and the general public.
· Help prepare for weekly team meetings and schedule and participate in other team meetings as assigned.
· Support, maintain, and update communications and marketing materials and serve as liaison to communications and marketing team.
· Other tasks as assigned.
Annual Benefit Dinner
· Provide support to the Development team to ensure successful planning and execution of Benefit Dinner by developing and managing mailing lists, tracking guests and donations, running and circulating reports, tracking guest and table information, and ensuring accurate entry of information into Salesforce.
· Help produce weekly progress reports and organize and track outreach and follow up by staff, Benefit Chairs, Benefit Committee, and New York Advisory Board members.
· Manage and lead registration process at Benefit.
· Work with special events support team to manage the development of event collateral and mailings.
· Assist with benefit logistics including management of volunteers, supplies, and other tasks as assigned.
New York Advisory Board
· Provide support to the Development team around management of the Advisory Board by tracking meeting attendance, attending meetings, taking meeting minutes, and updating Salesforce.
· Help with meeting logistics including creating name tags, assembling background packets, etc.
· Draft regular communications to the New York Advisory Board such as monthly updates on upcoming events.
New York Events
· Work with New York Development and Program teams to support wide-ranging events including major donor cultivation events, corporate trainings, house parties, community events etc. Responsibilities include: oversight and management of guest lists, arranging out-of-town staff travel and logistics, collecting RSVP’s, and providing logistical support before, during, and after events.
· Ensure that all event information is accurately updated and tracked on the master calendar, the events database, and in Salesforce.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent and 1-2 years of work experience providing administrative support required ideally in nonprofit and/or development setting.
· Experience with CRM systems required; knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
· Excellent computer skills, especially Google suite and MS Office; and proficiency with Excel.
· Occasional evening and weekend work required for events.
· Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills, and superior attention to detail.
· Creative, energetic self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects and work in fast-paced environment.
· Flexibility and ability to work individually and as a member of a team.
· Interest in and ability to articulate the mission of Facing History and Ourselves.
· Familiarity with the New York nonprofit and educational communities and development and fundraising a plus.
Facing History and Ourselves seeks an energetic and detail-oriented Development Coordinator, who will support fundraising efforts in the New York. Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator will…
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applications ONLY accepted online at careers.facinghistory.org. Job posted until filled.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life…