Who we are looking for:
Are you the Residential Counselor we have been looking for? In this position, you will be able to convey your passion for helping others with a dynamic team by bringing an energetic and positive approach while working with our students! The Walden Street School is a residential treatment setting for adolescents that specializes in trauma informed care. Walden provides 24-hour comprehensive care including a school on site, a full clinical staff, nursing staff, and direct care staff.
JRI provides the training so that:
- YOU will be able to develop your skills in providing enriching daily activities for our students such as arts and crafts, recreational activities including offsite field trips, and more!
- YOU will be able to create a safe and therapeutic community by supporting students in developing and by role modeling effective coping strategies.
- YOU will help students discover what makes them feel competent and valued by working with them to develop life skills such as cooking, banking, vocational skills, and more. Your day-to-day work will support students in developing a sense of self and provide them the skills to be successful in their next steps.
Bilingual a plus!! We offer a $1000 bilingual bonus to any candidate who speaks, reads and writes in a different language other than English.
- Be who you are! JRI is strongly committed to providing an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment for our employees and the people we serve.
- Access to our excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental benefits.
- Retirement benefits including 401K matched up to $800 a year and pension after 5 years of employment.
- Professional development opportunities such as tuition reimbursement up to almost $4000 per year and discounted tuition rates to select partnership colleges and universities!
- Wellness benefits including access to employee resource groups (including multicultural affinity groups, LGBTQ+ advocacy, employee engagement groups, etc.), self-care resources, and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Generous paid time off up to 19 days for full time employees in your first year and much more!
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Maintain valid driver’s license as transporting students is required.
- Available to work evenings, holidays, weekend shifts as required.
- At JRI, you will learn to provide physical interventions and verbal de-escalations to provide the safest therapeutic atmosphere for our students!
- Background and driving record checks will be performed.