Lifelong Learning Trips & Events Assistant - Part-Time Position
- Job posted by Congregation Emanu-El of the City of New York
One East 65th Street
Congregation Emanu-El, the first Reform Jewish synagogue in New York City, is hiring a part-time Trips & Events Assistant within the Department of Lifelong Learning. Now celebrating our tenth year of innovation, the work of the department is to transform and revolutionize congregational education, including our Religious School, youth leadership, holiday celebrations and family worship.
The Lifelong Learning Trips & Events Assistant is an important member of the Department of Lifelong Learning, providing essential administrative support to our Religious School, Family and Teen Community Programs. This position includes administrative and logistical program responsibilities such as managing program registration, tracking attendance and participation, coordinating travel arrangements and handling setup details for events and classes. We are looking for a highly detail-oriented individual who can get things done in an organized and systematic fashion and who enjoys working on multiple projects at the same time. The Lifelong Learning Trips & Events Assistant will be part of team of individuals who are creative, thoughtful, and committed to making Jewish experiences meaningful and fun.
Key responsibilities in include:
- Manage publicity for teen programs including distribution of event flyers, email blasts, social media posts and inclusion in the Temple Bulletin (developing the materials in conjunction with Communications Department).
· Coordinate travel details for 8th-12th grade trips, including participant registration, program confirmation and information updates.
· Manage logistics for off-site Teen Community events, including 5th-6th Grade Youth Group programs, Mitzvah Corps Action Sessions, Tzedek League Volunteer Sessions and Teen Leadership Council activities.
· Provide administrative assistance and data entry to ensure information needed to run ongoing activities and special events is accurate and up-to-date.
· Oversee on-site events for teen and other programs, confirming set-ups are correct, ensuring events run smoothly and supervising clean-ups.
- Manage department Project Management timelines, keeping calendar of all due dates and reminding staff of approaching deadlines for deliverables as appropriate.
- Manage final documentation and archiving of all projects to ensure that key details have been preserved.
The ideal candidate:
• Is familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and has experience working with data management software
• Has excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Effectively sets priorities and manages multiple tasks
• Is achievement-oriented, passionate, fun, disciplined, and responsible
• Is comfortable working in a Classical Reform environment
• Is a team player, working collaboratively with co-workers, congregants of all ages and outside vendors
This is a part-time hourly position (up to 15 hours/week), whose schedule is generally Mondays through Thursdays. This position may require occasional work on Fridays, evenings and Jewish holidays. During the academic year, candidates must be available on Mondays between 12:00-6:30pm as well as on Thursdays; exact days and times are flexible during regular business hours, 9:30am-6:30pm. This position reports to the Associate Director of Lifelong learning and works closely with the Coordinator of Youth Learning and Engagement.
NYC Sick Leave
Minimum Education Required