1420 King Street
To apply, please submit cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com
1. Continuing Education
a) Conduct member needs assessment to determine subject areas and delivery mechanisms for new program development as needed.
b) Identify speakers and negotiate contracts, as appropriate.
c) Train speakers on education platform.
d) Develop continuing education programs in various media (including classroom, webinar, and online inventory) to enhance the professional competency of the engineer/member.
e) Act as the moderator of online education webinars
f) Maintain quality control and finalize presentation materials (PowerPoint Presentations, Handouts, Quizzes, etc.) prepared by continuing education speakers.
g) Manage webinar quiz database.
h) Manage archived programs.
i) Strategize and employ marketing plans and techniques for continuing education programs and develop other promotional materials including on-demand programs.
j) Oversee relationships with outside continuing education providers.
k) Maintain the Continuing Education web page.
l) Cultivate positive relationships with state societies by acting as a resource and coordinating the state continuing education opportunities web page.
m) Respond to customer inquiries regarding educational programs and services.
n) Work with Committee to develop education component and solicit speakers for the annual PE Conference.
2. Committee Support, Products and Services.
a) Support and provide staff leadership for assigned committee efforts, including the planning, arrangement and conducting meetings and conference calls, formulating agendas, recording and distributing meeting minutes for the advancement of committee projects and programs.
b) Lead the identification of business issues and opportunities and the development and execution of business plans to create, produce, and market the products, services, and programs of value to the membership in coordination with the committee leadership and other NSPE staff.
3. Budget Management
a) Develop and manage annual operating budgets for areas of responsibility.
b) Use the general ledger to track monthly revenue and expenses.
c) Use the budget to assist the committees in reaching their annual goals.
d) Create and disseminate spreadsheet reports and other financial statements.
e) Make recommendations to NSPE leadership.
4. Liaison Activities
Represent NSPE and work with other groups in the area of engineering education to promote and enhance NSPE’s education programs.
5. General Activities
Seek and suggest ways to improve efficiency and productivity of all operations and to increase revenue from all available sources.
6. All other responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in adult education, business, communications or marketing and 3-5 years’ professional experience in association management and/or program management, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
1. Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to write, edit, and make oral presentations.
2. Ability to assess member needs; create and manage innovative and relevant educational programs with a primary focus on web delivery; and successfully market the programs to create value to members and/or increase or create sources of revenue.
3. Knowledge of, and ability to effectively use, online learning management system (currently CommPartners).
4. Good marketing skills, including development of relevant messages, for print and web, to successfully market NSPE education programs to members and the general public.
5. Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects without losing effectiveness or reducing quality.
6. Effective interpersonal, customer service, and volunteer management skills. Must possess the ability to function effectively; independently, and within a team environment; with all levels of NSPE staff and members, including volunteer leaders, and the general public.
7. Ability to develop and manage a program budget to meet targeted goals.
8. Computer literacy: MS office, database, online learning management system and internet.
9. Ability to travel (approximately 7 – 10 days per year).
Generous benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.