Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
11 Broadway, Suite 510
VGIF is looking for an organized, creative and tenacious Marketing and Operations Coordinator to join our team. This position will be responsible for marketing our brand, as well as undertaking marketing projects for the benefit of our organization. This position will take brand ownership, build brand awareness and help drive incremental revenue. In addition, this position will organize creative campaigns and events to promote and enhance our public image with the goal of strengthening our reputation and facilitating our continuous growth.
We are seeking an individual who can multi-task, is a self-starter, and can work independently. This individual has outstanding organizational and planning abilities and can work with a diverse population. This candidate also has a solid understanding of project management principles. Candidates should be familiar with social media and web analytics, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Preferred experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
In addition to the marketing and communication duties, this position will work closely with the Executive Director in a direct-support role that includes coordination of meetings and travel arrangements, preparation of documents, and external and internal communications. They will be responsible for handling complex administrative tasks such as coordination of outside vendors, tracking and management of office expenses, document maintenance and filing, organization and collaboration with Board of Directors and the planning and execution of Board meetings.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
· Conceive and develop efficient and intuitive marketing strategies
· Manage the ongoing marketing strategy with Development Team to support fundraising
· Become the organization’s agent for external communications such as the media, stakeholders and assist in building strategic partnerships
· Develop and execute communications campaigns (social media strategy) and manage ongoing content
· Utilize non-profit and business writing skills; assist with in-house production of grantee case studies, as well as blogs, social posts, and more
· Ensure placement for our stories in media outlets and handle request for interviews, statements, and articles
· Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
· Write copy for diverse marketing distributions (brochures, press releases, website material)
· Support graphic designers, web content, etc.
· Ad hoc support to promote the organization at key moments (fundraising gala, etc.)
· Coordination of Board/Committee meetings and related communications
· Coordination, management and tracking of office and vendor expenses
· Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have had experience in multiple areas of non-profit marketing and will also need the following attributes, experience and education for success:
- 1 – 2 years of marketing experience in a professional setting, such as Marketing Associate, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Generalist, or Marketing Intern (general or specific focus area)
- Experience with digital campaigns, market research and reporting, and content marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant topic area
- Technical skills:
- Microsoft Office proficiency;
- Foundational knowledge of customer relationship management software;
- Experience using the following platforms: InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Campaign Monitor, Canva, Salesforce and Squarespace
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation
- Readiness and excitement to learn and take on additional responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task while remaining detail-oriented
- Analytical skills – see the details and the bigger picture
- Flexibility – shift gears as necessary with a positive attitude
Generous health, dental and vision benefits. 401K plan available to employees.
Level of Language Proficiency
English required; Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Chewa or Swahili a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and a thoughtful cover letter to Kelsey Ottoson at firstname.lastname@example.org, use the subject line: "YOUR NAME - Communications"
VGIF is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, inclusion, and belonging, and we are committed to creating a working environment that is demonstrative of these values.