43-31 39th Street
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS), a multi-service settlement house located in Western Queens. Our Youth and Family Services department offers a full day Pre-Kindergarten, Afterschool and Youth Programming for children in Elementary through High School, Career and College Readiness for youth in High School and Adult and Immigrant Services.
We are currently looking for a Program Coordinator to work within our Youth Futures Career Readiness Program located at the Queens Vocational Technical High School. Our Youth Futures Career Readiness Program offers components that include work readiness classes, paid internships, college readiness supports and coaching.
Description / Summary:
Under supervision of the Program Director, the Program Coordinator will use independent analysis and judgment to develop, coordinate, and carry out varied administrative tasks to provide exemplary career services to the student body. The position encompasses data input and management, coordination of employer relations, and some youth coaching.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a viable internship program
- Visit employers to build partnerships and support student internship placement
- Maintain database administration for purposes of tracking
- Conduct site visits to evaluate appropriateness and relevance of internships for students
- Track participant documentation submissions to ensure files are up to date
- Enter data into database in a timely manner and assist with reporting
- Prepare letters, memos & correspondences as directed
- Research potential internship site opportunities
- Handle confidential information with utmost discretion & confidentiality
- Assist in special projects and workshop co-facilitation as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor Degree in a related field preferred or Associates degree in youth development, education or related field with experience will be considered
- Experience working with older youth, experience working with high school students preferred
- Knowledge of workforce development content a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to be proactive and work independently and collaboratively
- Comfort with speaking to large groups of students/youth
- Excellent punctuality, attendance, and reliability is a must
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with youth
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellent Benefits Package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to Sheena Sukhraj, Assistant Executive Director, Youth and Family Service, SSukhraj@scsny.org ; Indicate “Program Coordinator, Career Readiness” in the subject line.