2022 Boren Ave
ABOUT RECOVERY CAFÉ AND RECOVERY CAFÉ NETWORK
Our Mission: We are a community of women and men who have been traumatized by homelessness, addiction and other mental health challenges coming to know we are loved and that we have gifts to share.
Recovery Café was founded on the truth that every human being is precious and beloved regardless of past trauma, mental and emotional anguish, addictive behaviors or mistakes made. We provide a beautiful, safe, warm, drug and alcohol free space and loving community to anchor Members (our most closely-supported consumers) in the sustained recovery needed to gain and maintain access to housing, social and health services, healthy relationships, education and employment. Our program is designed to help people maintain recovery, reduce relapse and fulfill their potential.
The Recovery Café Network is committed to nurturing groups seeking to start recovery communities based on the Recovery Café model. Through a cohort learning model, groups and organizations are provided mentorship, materials, expertise, and facilitated learning experiences to create a recovery community in their area. The Network is committed to helping those who join the Network be successful in starting their program, building recovery capital in their communities, and offering effective long-term recovery support for years to come.
The Network Coordinator will support Recovery Café Network’s (RCN) efforts in a variety of administrative functions including technology management, event logistics, programmic knowledge management assistance, and training support. S/he will work with RCN staff to guide the RCN member organizations as they replicate the Recovery Café model in their communities. This position is responsible for supporting regular office operations such as providing logistical support for external and internal meetings; managing RCN’s Salesforce database including the Communities platform used by RCN member organizations; updating the RCN website as needed; coordinating the details for the RCN conference and other RCN training activities. S/he will work with RCN staff to ensure that we are effectively tracking our progress in Salesforce and using technology efficiently in a way that best deepens RCN’s impact and reflects our commitment to walking alongside member organizations. The Network Coordinator will work closely with RCN staff and consultants that RCN may hire to advance the RCN mission.
The Network Coordinator is a hands-on, flexible, and detail oriented organizer with a commitment to supporting RCN member organizations implement the Recovery Café model. S/he is passionate about helping, even if indirectly, women and men struggling with addiction, homelessness and other mental health challenges. S/he is excited by opportunities to optimize processes while understanding the balance between RCN’s resources and member organizations’ capacities. S/he is thorough, detail oriented, and an excellent communicator - even across distances, time zones, and different levels of technological adoption.
· Coordinates the logistical details for RCN training activities including the RCN conference, group visits to Seattle, evaluation visits to member organizations, and recorded trainings
· Provides administrative support for internal and external meetings including scheduling rooms, setting up video conference calls on the Zoom platform, and coordinating travel for RCN staff
· Administrators the Salesforce database including the Communities platform including working with RCN staff on processes and vendors on any functionality improvements
· Keeps the RCN website up-to-date including working with RCN staff and vendors on content and functionality
· With RCN staff, develops and orders RCN branded materials including marketing resources, swag, and other related items
· Supports RCN knowledge management and documentation efforts
· Acts as a liaison between RCN and member organizations as needed
· Assists in the preparation, review, and dissemination of RCN reports, presentations, and other deliverables
· Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates must have at least a bachelor’s degree and at least 2-3 years of work experience. Experience in a social services or addiction recovery non-profit is preferred. This position requires an understanding of databases, preferably Salesforce, as well as data quality assurance. In addition, candidates must have a strong quantitative aptitude and desire to learn new skills, including particular interest in developing skills related to technological management.
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE
• You love details but are able to communicate information at a broader level
• You love using technology to address needs of expanding social services organization
• You have experience working in a social services or recovery context, and a strong interest in addiction recovery, homelessness and/or mental health
• You demonstrate excellent organizational skills, self-motivation, flexibility, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, entrepreneurial environment
• You are results-oriented and you place a high value on the quality and accuracy of your work
• You have strong communication skills and ability to connect with people of various levels in an organization
• You are a strong communicator who is comfortable using e-mail, Skype, and other such methods to collaborate with teams across geographies and time zones
• You desire to be part of and enjoy working with a team that values authentic relationships and collaboration
• You are personally motivated by Recovery Café’s mission and goals
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Recovery Café offers a generous benefit package including medical and dental, life insurance and a retirement plan, as well as paid time off.
Recovery Cafe is a Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required