ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of our growing Digital Team, the Digital Marketing Manager will lead strategy and execution of the organization’s audience growth and retention efforts and reporting, including both organic and paid outreach efforts. From measuring the analytics that indicate how our messages resonate, to optimizing and executing our contact strategy through email marketing and social media. This role will define and execute The Trust for Public Land’s evolving approach to meeting the needs of our existing audiences and reaching new audiences. We want you to have a passion for the mission of The Trust for Public Land, embrace the entrepreneurial nature of this role, and be excited by the opportunity to “create parks” and “protect land” in a digital function.
The ultimate goal of the Digital Marketing Manager is to achieve traffic growth through the advantages of digital marketing and digital experiences. Every dollar spent should be working toward earning The Trust for Public Land more than a dollar in benefits, whether that means attracting more traffic, more conversions, or just increasing our overall brand exposure.
- Hands-on digital marketing—develop, manage, and grow The Trust for Public Land’s digital brand by building and advancing dynamic community relationships and innovative digital marketing campaigns that encourages our donors, prospects, followers, and media to engage with us.
- Research and recommend new strategy for donor lifecycle marketing to improve awareness, conversion, and growth. Partner with Director of Online Giving and Director of Marketing to optimize our donors’ lifecycle journey.
- Lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution—developing an approach that incorporates all channels (web, social, email, events, action alerts, blog, podcasts, search engines, remarketing, content marketing, predictive analytics, and other digital channels).
- Reach a much wider audience, optimize paths to discoverability, and generate increased traffic and engagement using the Contact Strategy, Integrated Marketing, Analytics Marketing, Contextual Marketing, Digital Product Launches, Promotional Campaigns, and Performance Advertising (e.g. diversifying our SEM strategies).
- Partner with Philanthropy Team on donor acquisition strategy to ensure their effectiveness. This includes engagement campaigns oriented to renew and retain donors, secure additional gifts, and upgrading giving levels across all channels (web, social, mobile, and any alternative media).
- Create annual traffic acquisition targets across digital channels based on industry benchmarks, trends, etc. and develop strategy to meet those targets.
- Build and deliver all donor relationship (non-solicitation) campaigns.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to maintain the digital marketing calendar with key dates relating to legislation, content/stories, current events, holidays, etc. Key partners in: Philanthropy, GIS and Planning, Field Marketing, Public Relations, Creative Services, Communications/Content Marketing, and other departments.
- Manage digital agencies for support with strategy, implementation, and execution.
Digital Experience & Engagement Management
- Effectively plan campaigns and long-term projects by investing, managing, and communicating effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve objectives and meet deadlines. Partnering with Database Operations and Field Marketing to reach and engage with target audiences via paid social advertising and native/mobile advertising (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, and other digital partnerships). Partnering with the Creative Services Team to develop effective creative assets for email, display ads, etc. Partnering with Content Marketing Team on online content development that connect across the digital marketing trifecta.
- Champion the advancement of our Contact Strategy—enhancements to CRM preference center, list/file hygiene and maintenance, communications, production, growth plan, and response rate for MQL (marketing qualified leads) vs DQL (donor qualified leads).
- Partner with Philanthropy Team to ensure donor-centric engagement—activities that position the organization to thrive in a disrupted environment via lead generators and aggregators (Google, YouTube and all social media outlets); and to increase revenue and donor/prospect conversion.
- Partner with Creative Services Team to develop new templates for email marketing and day-to-day assets for social media graphics to be used across several platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Be a gamechanger by tapping into predictive analytics and microtargeting (e.g. geo-targeting attributes).
Marketing Analytics & Metrics Management
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end digital experience across multiple channels and donor touchpoints.
- Closely partner with Director of Digital Strategy & Engagement to develop our Digital Scorecard and Digital Roadmap to further refine and evolve our digital presence.
- Leverage tools/features from Google Analytics to improve organic and direct traffic.
- Partner with Web Development & Production Manager to set-up GoogleAnaytics tracking and goals to deliver on our Digital Scorecard (e.g. acquisition, behavior, and conversion).
- Drive positive return on ad spend in the form of both conversion and new donors—monitoring data trends and optimizing spend and performance based on the insights to help make better decisions for growth.
- Evaluate conversion points and optimize user funnels.
- Manage digital ad budget and forecasts, media allocation, and ROAS analysis.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (KPIs and ROAS).
- Explore new segmentation opportunities, design new metrics, enhance existing KPIs to support the future state of the business, and effectively measure the value of the organization’s digital initiatives (e.g. perform segmentation analysis and brand affinity category analysis to identify opportunities for campaign optimization).
- Ideate and execute impactful Test & Learn campaigns that will define and influence TPL.org’s overall digital experience and engagement. Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Maintain actionable dashboard reporting on digital engagement with donors and prospects, which includes traffic analysis, conversion metrics, benchmarking, campaign results to continuously improve the site experience and grow engagement and donors.
- Data analysis/interpretation across multiple sources of data with the goal of delivering robust, actionable insights. Document and share hindsight (results and learnings) by contextualizing, packaging, and distributing weekly metrics to Marketing Department to ensure broad understanding of evolving audience engagement.
- Evaluate category/segment research, market conditions, and competitor data.
- Keep current on best practices in regard to data capture, segmentation, analysis, and emerging trends.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience within digital marketing and ecommerce, with a proven track record of developing and implementing digital marketing programs.
- Digital experience: customer acquisition, conversion, and understanding nonprofit/environmental advocacy and motives for online giving.
- Nonprofit marketing experience a plus.
- Highly proficient with analytics tools such as: Google Analytics (or sophisticated analytics tools like Adobe Analytics or IBM Digital Analytics).
- Experience in utilizing analytics (data and toolsets) to provide strategic recommendations and drive actions, including: Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Google Tag Manager, Simply Measured, Optimizely, and Test & Target.
- Experience with Google Ad Grants is a plus.
- Expertise in managing successful email program and paid search budget to drive conversions (Blackbaud’s Convio/Luminate Online preferred).
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing trifecta.
- Highly self-motivated, self-sufficient, and detail oriented.
- Proactive and scrappy get-it-done mindset.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and project management skills
- Critical thinker and demonstrates creative thinking while looking across several data sources to identify opportunities and new insights.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to leverage and connect strong business and technical knowledge.
- Adaptable to changing team needs and requests for information and intelligence.
- Vast knowledge of online display programs and campaigns, with ability to track progress, execution and consistency of program.
- Detailed knowledge of ad exchanges, networks, and publishers.
- Consistently meets deadlines and flexible when things change.
- Experience working in an environment with team members in different time zones.
- Think creatively and critically to identify new opportunities for meaningful impact throughout various marketing team initiatives.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to articulate ideas across disciplines and balance the needs of stakeholders (e.g. with environmental/land protection colleagues as well as development /content specialists).
ABOUT THE TRUST FOR PUBLIC LAND
The Trust for Public Land has been connecting communities to the outdoors—and to each other—since 1972. Today, millions of Americans live within a 10-minute walk of a park or natural area we helped create, and countless more visit every year.
As Diane Regas, President and CEO said “I am deeply inspired by the team and results at The Trust for Public Land.” This is because our success starts with our staff—some of the brightest and boldest, who bring a diversity of backgrounds, education, and experience to The Trust for Public Land. Working from more than 30 field offices nationwide—from San Francisco (Headquarters), to Atlanta, to New York, to Denver, we are transforming communities across the country. But there’s lots more to do as the new Digital Marketing Manager.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply