10 Constitution Plaza
The Specialist will help the Collaborative build and support a statewide learning community around the use of data to drive planning and policy and increase utilization of our core project- the [[http:CTData.org|CTData.org]] website which provides access to a wide range of data, powerful tools to analyze and present the data, and a place to present “data stories” which bring it to life. As part of a small team, the Data engagement Specialist will have the following duties:
- Help with curating and analyzing data
- Envision and create data stories to feature on [[http:ctdata.org|ctdata.org]].
- Develop, implement and hold training sessions for user groups across the state.
- Assist in communications with members of the learning community.
- Support for development of project and funding proposals for the work.
- Strong educational background in social sciences, public policy, or a related field;
- Strong communication and outreach skills;
- Experience in analyzing and communicating data;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff on projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and within tight timeframes;
- Commitment to a high quality of work and desire to have a social impact;
- Curiosity and love of data.
- A bachelor's degree or advanced degree, or the equivalent combination of training or experience, is preferred but is not a requirement;
- Interest and/or knowledge of cutting-edge ways to analyze, visualize, or describe existing raw data sets in ways that make them more useful to the general public;
- Knowledge of principles and applications of social science and public policy, including but not limited to statistics, survey methods, geography, economics, environmental issues, education, and public health;
- Experience working on public policy issues in Connecticut;
- Familiarity in using R or Python for data processing.
Position is a full-time or contractor position depending on applicant preference; compensation commensurate with education and experience.
Minimum Education Required