120 Wall Street
AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff of approximately 200 dedicated individuals, working from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include: immersion based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
The Payroll & Benefits Plans Specialist will be responsible for managing and administrating all aspects of the accurate and timely processing of AFS-USA payroll for approximately 200 employees in multiple states as well as all payroll associated remittances and participate in all aspects of payroll processing and will also assist the administration of the benefit and retirement programs.
The Payroll & Benefits Plans Specialist must be proactive, detail-orientated with a high degree of accuracy and ensure the organization’s full compliance with all applicable laws and legal requirements. In addition, the Payroll Specialist & Benefits Plans Specialist must be able to work both independently and as part of a team and must also have the ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional work relationships with all levels of the organization.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Manages the payroll process through the Payroll system (Paycom) on a biweekly basis. This includes:
- Manages workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconciles payroll prior to transmission.
- Transmits payroll data bi-weekly to Paycom for processing.
- Enters changes to regular employee’s information including but not limited to W4s, direct deposits.
- Thorough review of the timesheets to ensure that OT is being applied when necessary, all timesheets are complete and approved by Managers.
- Processes wage garnishments
- Calculates GTL for terminating employees and generates year end GTL report.
- Creates Time & Attendance pay submission calendar and post annually.
- Generates year end GTL report
- Works closely with the Finance department to reconcile the payroll.
- Processes quarterly payments for employees who serve as Duty Officers and who have commuter benefit cash-out.
- Ensures the accurate online pension plan remittance with Principal
- Acts as liaison with the third-party benefit administrator of AFS Commuter Benefits programs: ensures that all employees’ commuter benefits are correctly entered in the HRIS
- Acts as liaison with the third-party administrator of the AFS Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Provides employees with assistance as needed and responds to employees’ inquires in a timely matter
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Conducts staff training.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state and local regulations concerning employment and payroll.
- Processes ACH transactions as needed.
- Provides Labor Statistics report for the state of New York every 12th of the month.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of the Personnel files and HR and Payroll information
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- B.S. in Finance/Accounting, Business or Human Resources or equivalent experience is required
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in payroll processing is required, experience in an environment using Paycom HRIS & Payroll system highly desirable
- Experience processing multi-state payrolls required
- Experience working in a Not for Profit organization preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive with excellent customer service
AFS-USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS-USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification
Medical, Dental, HRA, FSA, Retirement Plan, Paid Holiday Days, Vacation Days, Floating Holidays, and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Do you want to join the AFS-USA Team?! To apply, please click on the link. Please include your cover letter and resume in the application. No phone calls please.