330 Twin Dolphin Drive
- LEAD - Supervise a team of AmeriCorps Teaching Fellows and volunteers who inspire students in 6th-8th grade.
- IMPACT - Inspire students to set and achieve ambitious academic and personal goals.
- TRANSFORM - Grow as a leader and as an educator while re-imagining the school day.
- Program Quality - Collaborate with school administration and Citizen Schools staff to share and analyze data from student assessments in order to drive student achievement. Set meaningful individual and team goals and create concrete plans to attain them.
- Operations Management - Manage budget, program schedule, and student data. Ensure safety of all program participants and compliance with all Citizen Schools policies, state and local standards, and grant mandates.
- Instructional Leadership - Serve as the primary instructional leader for the Citizen Schools program at one middle school. Model high-quality teaching, conduct consistent classroom observations, and provide constructive feedback to staff and volunteers.
- Campus Culture - Develop and support a strong, positive campus culture by acknowledging achievement and growth. Create team norms based on a strengths-based, inclusive approach, engaging students, staff, volunteers, families, and school partners. .
- Stakeholder Management - Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of the school community. Establish effective family engagement and communication strategies that support the development of meaningful relationships. Increase community participation through creating opportunities for site visits, events, and local partnerships.
- Leadership Presence - Inspire others by modeling outstanding performance and calm under pressure. Express confidence in self and others, as well as a strong belief in the Citizen Schools program as a vehicle for student success. Relentlessly focus on goals and the vision for sustained success.
- Staff Management - Serve as supervisor, coach, and mentor for a team of AmeriCorps service members, supporting their growth as educators and professionals. Develop and lead trainings that meet individual and team needs. Provide opportunities for professional development that focus on individual and team goals.
- Performance Management - Conduct weekly one-on-one coaching meetings and quarterly performance conversations for all direct reports emphasize strengths and areas for growth. Identify and coach performance challenges. Regularly update staff on performance and progress to individual and campus goals.
- Hiring - Participate in annual and ongoing talent recruitment and selection for campus staff and service members. Give clear and accurate feedback on candidates aligned with Citizen Schools’ hiring practice.
What We Seek:
- Educational Leadership. Educators with a track record of driving strong student outcomes, with a strong preference for experience with middle school students. At least one year of experience providing coaching and/or mentorship to new teachers.
- Inspiration. Leaders with demonstrated success in moving a team towards achieving goals through culturally-responsive teaching and student support.
- Achievement. Goal-oriented drivers who take personal ownership for results and have a track record of overcoming barriers to achieve ambitious outcomes.
- Community. Mobilizers who believe education is vital and requires community-wide support.
- Team Building. Leaders with a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with staff and external partners. An affinity for creating buy-in from multiple stakeholders.
- At least two years of experience leading a K-12 classroom.
- At least four years of professional, post-undergraduate experience required.
- At least one year of experience managing or leading a group of adults towards measurable outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a relevant subject preferred.
- Spanish language skills highly preferred.
Competitive salary and full benefits: health care, 403(b), three weeks of paid vacation
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit an application through our website.