In 2001, when Christine McSherry’s son, Jett, was diagnosed with Duchenne, she set out to save his life and created Jett Foundation. Over the past 17 years, the goals of the foundation evolved with the landscape and status of Duchenne. From funding biomedical research that has led to some of the greatest breakthroughs in genetic medicine; to serving families, children, and young people through educational and direct service programs; to advocating for the approval of drugs to treat Duchenne that are safe, effective, and have the potential to save lives; Jett Foundation’s ability to pivot to meet the urgent needs of the Duchenne patient community makes Jett Foundation a leading patient advocacy organization in the country while allowing us to maintain our grassroots, patient and family-focused roots.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting all aspects of fundraising activities; using our fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge; coordinating correspondence with donors; assisting with the fulfillment of grant applications and direct mail programs; assisting with the planning, organization, coordination and delivery of our fundraising events; and serving as administrative support which may include ordering supplies, answering office phone, and related responsibilities.
The Development Coordinator reports to the Director of Business Development. The nature of this role includes participating in Jett Foundation programming and fundraising efforts that occur on occasional evenings or weekends. This job is a full-time position based in our Plymouth, MA office. Must be able to travel 1-2 times per month, on average, to serve as development representative at programming events.
The activities and tasks the Development Coordinator is responsible for include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the donor acknowledgement process: preparation of gift acknowledgements, pledge invoices and personalized recognition for major donors.
- Ensures electronic record of signed acknowledgment letters/invoices is maintained. Sends acknowledgment letters/invoices and other mailings. Ensure accuracy and quality for all data capture to support proper recognition and in accordance with audit policies.
- Serve as the primary user of the Jett Foundation donor database, entering, maintaining and reporting data.
- Generate departmental reports.
- Assist with donor relation initiatives as needed, including but not limited to appeal segmentation, donor recognition and targeted communications.
- Provide support in a number of functions for special events which may include coordinating lists, sponsors, attendees, printing name tags, registration tracking, updating committee reports, and other duties as required to ensure successful event.
- May hold a small portfolio of annual-giving level donors and/or third party events
- Provide administrative support and data/lists for Jett Foundation communications efforts including but not limited to website stories, press releases, annual reports, funding reports, event invitations, program books, direct mail.
- Help coordinate day-to-day activities of in-house administrative, communication and office support systems including phones, IT, office supply and material orders.
- Coordinate information for board meetings, which may include printing and binding reports, ordering catering, booking rooms, etc.
- Liaise directly with staff in main office to ensure smooth functioning of all office support systems, and coordinating between other locations to manage office supplies and equipment, including repairs and replacement as needed.
- Answer phone, triage calls, take messages, greet guests in office, receive and sort mail.
The Development Coordinator will have excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and customer service skills, with the flexibility to balance people and task assignments/focus, as required. In addition, the Development Coordinator will demonstrate creativity, curiosity, sense of humor, high energy level and enthusiasm for teamwork, and for meeting and working with a wide range of people.
- Commitment to the Jett Foundation’s mission
- General administrative skills including computing, organizing, planning, scheduling
- Working knowledge of databases; Raiser’s Edge, preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in electronic file management
- Working knowledge of the Internet for searches, website data entry
- Working knowledge of office systems/equipment
- Proficient in outgoing/incoming call handling
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment; solutions-focused, proactive, team-oriented, comfortable with change
- Experience with Macs, PCs, Microsoft Office, Google Apps
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in an office setting, non-profit setting a plus
- Some level of experience working with donor databases is preferred
This is a full-time position, which provides competitive pay commensurate with experience; supportive and engaging work environment with opportunities for professional development. Additional benefits include generous time off and health insurance options.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a thoughtful cover letter, resume, writing sample and three (3) references to Amy Walsh, Director of Business Development email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject of your email. No phone calls please.