130 East 80th Street
The New York Junior League (NYJL) is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Since 1901 when Mary Harriman founded the first Junior League here in NYC, The NYJL has evolved into one of the oldest, largest, and most effective women’s volunteer organizations in the world, encompassing more than 150,000 women in 291 Leagues in four countries.
Today, the NYJL is comprised of over 60 volunteer committees and is led by a Board of Directors comprised of 14 volunteers who have served the NYJL and the community with distinction. With an annual budget of approximately $4,000,000 the NYJL’s operations are primarily financed through membership dues and volunteer-supported fundraising events.
NYJL volunteers are bound by a single goal: to improve the health and well-being of women, children, and families in our city. Visit www.nyjl.org to learn more.
The New York Junior League is seeking to hire a full-time, year-round Development Coordinator to join the four-person Development and Communications team based in the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
The Development Coordinator provides database and fundraising support to our Fundraising Events and Development initiatives. They monitor sensitive donor information and are responsible for tracking data trends that will help inform fundraising strategies.
· Maintains the confidential donor records in our Digital Cheetah database.
· Pulls segmented information and queries to support the Development and Communications team fundraising
· Monitors all donations and pledges to ensure they are properly recorded in the database.
· Renews and builds all campaign links each fiscal year.
· Provides monthly updates for Board reports on both Annual Fund and Corporate Matching Gifts.
· Analyze donor information to reveal trends or new strategies in giving patterns.
· Provide weekly, monthly, and yearly reporting on Annual Fund to ensure it reaches or exceeds budget.
· Attends monthly meetings and bi-weekly calls with Annual Fund committee co-chairs to provide support.
· Prepares Annual Fund donor segmentation for all email and direct mail appeals.
· Prepares and monitors donor listings and name appearances needed for recognition and stewardship.
FUNDRAISING EVENT SUPPORT:
· Supports the Thanksgiving Eve Ball patron fund segmentation strategy and the production and results of
· Sends weekly Thanksgiving Eve Ball reporting and updates on fundraising.
· Works directly with Thanksgiving Eve Ball committee leadership to update mailings, letters, and other materials
that are vital for the event.
· Prepares the Winter Ball weekly report during Winter Ball season.
· Supports the Winter Ball Harriman Circle segmentation strategy and the production and results of appeal
· Prepares post-event metrics on all Fundraising Events attendees.
· Sells, monitors, and uploads all walk-in tickets for Fundraising Events.
· Inventories all stationary and monitors for reordering supplies.
· Performs monthly reconciliation for the Annual Fund, Corporate Partnerships, Grants, and Matching Gifts with
the Accounting team.
· Attends department and all-staff meetings.
· Conducts research on Corporate Matching Gifts and leads the outreach and financial success of this program.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1-3 years’ experience.
- Strong writing and research abilities.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Office Suite.
- Experience with Mail Merges.
- Proficient in Google Drive.
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to the NYJL’s mission and values.
- Experience with Digital Cheetah desired but not required.
For more information or to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to: HR@nyjl.org.
The New York Junior League is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, upgrade, train, and promote for all positions and job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital, veteran or disabled veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status as a member of any other legally protected group or activity.
To learn more, visit www.nyjl.org
Minimum Education Required