Details: Exempt. Exact salary to be determined based on experience and background.
TITLE: Executive Director
ROLE OVERVIEW: Responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors.
REPORTS TO: Board President
SUPERVISES: Supervises the TYP team including the Director of Operations, Grant and Corporate Outreach manager, other managers as well as external functions including accounting and legal. The TYP team may include employees, volunteers and/or independent contractors.
• Develop a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization with the Board of Directors
• Identify, assess, and inform the Board President of internal and external issues that affect the organization
• Foster effective teamwork between the Board and the Executive Director and between the Executive Director and team members
• Act as a spokesperson for the organization and represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization's community profile
• Develops, leads and sustains key organizational funding relationships( major donors)
• Ensures a robust grants research/writing and administration program
• Initiates and ensures the development and continuity of fundraising events
• Designs and implements a planned giving program
• Supervises and ensures the implementation of a robust annual appeal
• Develops and implements strategies to increase the donor base and giving
• Provides continuity and active engagement with key donors and board members
• Recruits and engages new board members/committee members
• Develops and implements outreach and marketing strategies/programs
• Ensures responsible and effective gift stewardship and reporting
• Has primary responsibility for the acquisition of, the development and the cultivation of funding relationships, and the successful closing of funding agreements
Operational planning and management
• Oversee &support the Dir. of Operations to conduct efficient and effective day-to-day operations of the organization
• Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate
• Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda and supporting materials
Program planning and management
• Support the Director of Operations to plan, implement and evaluate the organization's programs and services
• Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization's mission and reflect the priorities of the Board
TYP Team, Teachers & Volunteer planning and management
• Oversee the implementation of TYP team & volunteer policies, procedures and practices
• Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment
Financial planning and management
• Work with the Board to prepare a comprehensive budget
• Work with the Board to secure adequate funding for the operation of the organization
• Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board
• Oversee the organization’s spending plan and expenditures
• Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
• Ensure that the organization complies with all legislation covering taxation and withholding payments
• Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community served by the organization
• Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
• Identify and evaluate the risks to the organization's team, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks
• Ensure adequate insurance coverage for the Board of Directors and the TYP team
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES
• An ideal candidate will have ten or more years of experience leading a growing non-profit organization.
• Proven record of major gift and other fundraising and development capacity
• Other experience includes developing community relationships, budget responsibilities, program management, leading and developing managers, and managing donor relationships.
• The candidate will be a committed to TYP’s mission and proven leader with philanthropic experience. She/he will be an exceptional communicator, particularly working alongside staff, board and volunteers.
• Full time position
• Must be located in the geographic area where the organization operates.
TYP's Board of Directors will determine benefits in discussion with the successful candidate at the time the position is offered. A bonus may be earned upon achievement of key performance criteria.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should include a cover letter, resume and salary expectations which should be emailed as PDFs to Mike Huggins at email@example.com. Please include your last name in the email subject line and in the PDF file names.
Note that the position start date is flexible.